• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I cant decide what would be better!?!

guncrazy72

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
North GA
I am down to around a $600 limit on a rifle scope. I am interested in shooting from 100 to 1000 yards. I would like to be able to use this as a F class gun in competition possibly. I am down between the Vortex 6.5-20x50 and the Super Sniper 20x42. I can not decide which of the two scopes would be better for me to use. Any help would be appreciated because at this point I am stuck.

Re: I cant decide what would be better!?!

guncrazy72,

Probably the Vortex.Mostly because of versatility.The fixed 20X on the SS becomes a problem when the barrel heats up and/or days that have lots of mirage.It's not real bad but can be an issue sometimes.

Steve

Thanks for the replies guys. I was leaning towards the Vortex at first but I have been looking at all of my options. Thanks guys.

check out he new weaver tactical front focal plane scope on swfa. its a little over $700 for the 4 to 20 power and 620 for the 3 to 15 power. i own a weaver t-36 and am very pleased with it and might be concidering a weaver tacical myself.