• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors I did a bad thing

SixteenShells

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2020
Okay, so I wanted to break into some long range suppressed shooting, but I also wanted something that I could pack rather easily.

Christensen MPR looked like a good packable rifle in 16" 308, so I ordered one of those.

The Athlon ETR was well reviewed, sure... why not? My best scope currently is a Vortex 3-9 Diamondback (which I really like), it's probably better than that one.

Figured that it would be logical to get the ball rolling on a can, a TBAC Ultra 9 was my go-to but they are few and far between right now. The Dead Air Nomad-L popped up as available on SS, and it looks like it would be great on my AR's and AK's as well. DMR posted a few videos showing that it grouped pretty tight.

I've dug this hole pretty deep in the matter of a couple days. let's see how this pans out.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Long range depends on cartridge and people’s needs. I think that’ll be a sweet set up @SixteenShells.. don’t know how long you’re realistically looking to shoot but I think that will be a sweet rig and has its purpose for a role! Pics when ya get it set up!

Thank you Henry, our ranges here are normally maxed out around 400yds but there is a place in barnardsville that has a 1000yd range mountain top to mountain top.

The MPR arrived this afternoon. Initial impression, I love this thing, I hope it shoots.

I weighed it at just under 7lbs, the action is buttery smooth, lockup is solid and the trigger is extraordinary.

Measured out for the rings and ordered a set of ARC M10's, I'll report back when I get the scope mounted.

MPR1-X2.jpg

MPR2-X2.jpg

MPR3-X2.jpg

MPR4-X2.jpg

Thank you Henry, our ranges here are normally maxed out around 400yds but there is a place in barnardsville that has a 1000yd range mountain top to mountain top.

That’s a good thing. With a 16” barrel a mountain top will be your friend. So will a nice hot/humid day

She’ll get it done within reasonable expectations

Nice rig by the way

Last edited:
My suppressor adds about 50 FPS (Ultra 9).

Had a 20” barrel on mine but did ok at 1,000 with 178 AMAX back in the day. Unsuppressed

Just pick a better bullet than a 168 smk. That was my first try at 1,000 yds. Didn’t work out so hot

They dropped faster than Gretchen Whitmer trying to suck her way to a Biden VP slot!

Last edited:
Thanks Haf, it's really good to have a community with a wealth of knowledge.

Watched a dude loading 10 grains of trailboss under a 175 and was getting consistent 1050 in a M1A.

It stabilized in a 1/11 20", in this one... maybe

Can’t go wrong with the nomad. DA came out with the naked titanium nomad, which will look really cool when you start to wear it in.

I was looking to scoop up a nomad-L but were sold out, so I bought a thunder chicken instead. Wish I just bought a nomad like you. Let us know how it goes!