• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos I do my part sometimes.

Re: I do my part sometimes.

thats pretty cool, I would love some info on that rifle!
What exactly it is?
Where you got it?
How much would one cost?

Saiga .308 v.21

They cost between 400 and 600 depending on the model and how much someone has marked it up.

Yes. For two reasons.

1. The Saigas are all new parts. Chrome lined, etc. from the Russian factory that makes the military's small arms.

2. you can buy better quality .308 ammo than 7.62x54R

IMHO

That kind of accuracy is really quite surprising out of an AK platform. Hell with handloads my Romy g-code wont hold them much inside 4 inches at 100, much less the kind of groups your getting at 200. Kinda apples and oranges I know, but both still AK platforms. Hold on to that gun for sure. I sold a Ruger Mark II 22lr pistol a couple months ago that would hold 3" groups at 100 yards and I'm really kicking myself in the ass now.

As mentioned above the Saiga 308 is much nicer than the PSL. It also gives you many more options. The PSL is really limited on ammo. Where as .308 has a much nicer selection. The Saiga 308 also has a thicker barrel than the PSL. I have one that I had cut back to 18" and threaded for a suppressor (YHM Phantom).

Hi nice shooting but i have to ask why not 5 shots into the group? it would have made it a better representation as nearly every thing is measured for 5 shots. Also even though it is a great 4 shots re do the maths you have to remove the actual hole diameter in the paper not .380" i am sure you were trying to remove .308 and might bhave missed the 0 it would be 1.112 if the hole was the full .308" diameter it is funny seing people shooting a 308 into paper and removing the projectile diameter when the bullet holes are way under yours look pretty close and good shooting either way just throw the extra shot in next time and it will be better.

the barrels on 308 saigas are thicker/heavier than the barrel of the rommy PSL rifles

I only had 8 rounds left after sighting her in at 50. (new scope)

And then at 200 I was 6" high so the first 4 shot into the cardboard, i adjusted and shot that one. Didn't really plan on taking the .308 to the 200yrd line, only on sighting her in. The 200 was really a "What the hell, let's try it" after getting some tight grouping at 50. And that's the result.

Oh and the blue circle was a .270 flier from another group... Which is what I was really shooting at the 200 yard range for.

Good news is, my first shot at 200 rang the 10ring... Cold bore Zero rules!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you replace the furniture with the military versions so it looks more like it's Soldierly cousin? </div></div>

You can but it requires a bit more work than just bolting on a new buttstock and grip, the trigger and trigger guard have to be moved back to where they are on a regular AK.

Sweet rifle, I like them but have never taken the step to buy one. Any details on the scope mount? Thats honestly my main deterrent from owning one is FUD about mounting an optic securely. I'm too American that way with all the thick tapped receivers and built-in rails.

First off, the Saiga .308 Version 21 (Shown) has the proper AK location for the trigger. The normal (more sporty) Saiga has the trigger in the rear "Sporter Location".

All the Saigas come with side rails for mounting optics.

The side rails are surprisingly rugged and re-attaching a QD scope provides good re-zeroing (granted that you attached the scope properly the first time).

There are railed mounts as well. These provide a more "On-Center" over the bore style mounting. The standard AK style PSOP optics are mounted slightly to the left. In fact, I find it easier to use my LEFT Eye and maintain a good cheek weld.

Honestly, the Saiga.308 is the best bargain Semi-Auto .308 out there. With good ammo you can get 1-2MOA and sometimes better.