• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I don't want to......

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
I have been loading up some ammo for an old toy I had not shot too much.

1693490098079.png

They are all done and ready to go. I have the same powder charge and same type of powder across two different bullets of the same weight.

Originally and usually I will load 5 in these nice little boxes I printed up. Found a new way to use a 3D printer. Yes I am anal about load info on the internet, but enough to give you an idea.

1693490358976.png

5 rounds in about 5 different "recipes" then moving on from there with the flavors that look good. Not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but it is just the way I have done it for 30 years. And no this is not for any long range game. This is just general banging steel and having fun.

This time and during the loading of the ammo the "mood" hit me....I just want to shoot, and I want to shoot THIS. So I loaded up 50 rounds, 25 one and 25 with the other bullet. "Book" says they should be ok.
1693490473828.png

Now that I finally have this all done, and yes I do work this slowly. I am being hit with a "did you just waste your time" moment. I don't want to haul down there the chrono and all that other crap, I still just want to shoot. But now I am thinking you will shoot 5 from each group not be happy and back up to pull down 40 rounds of freshly made ammo.

I am kind of stuck. I have had these loaded up for a while and when the itch to shoot has hit me, I would grab a rimfire, hand gun, or something I have pounds of ammo for 223. That will scratch the itch, but that box of freshly loaded 3040 is looking me in the face each time I come back up.

Just bouncing this off you folk as I think you guys are pretty anal in your reloading. I am as well and it is really odd this is the only place in my life that has notes from everything I have ever done. I don't do this anyplace else. Just looking for a sounding board and general thoughts.

This is just being used as a 100yard hole punch and steel dinger, nothing else, not even hunting.

Are there times when you just don't want to mess with it, is it a sign of other things to come.