• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I drank the Kool Aid and It was pure Hensoldt

popeye089

High Pressure Welder
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2008
GA
I usually am a skeptical person.... I've been behind glass, like many people on this forum, not only out of a passion for shooting as a sport but professionally for years now. I’ve been behind what I and many in this small tight knit community consider the pinnacle of optical refinement for this time period. By optical refinement I mean Schmidt & Bender, Leupold Mark 4s LRTs & ERTs, USO Sn-3s, Trijicons, Aimpoints, Swarovski, …… yada yada yada. And today I drank the Kool Aid. My eyes were blown away. This is no way a comparison review, I’m not going to get technical. All I can say is wow. The laborers, engineers, and craftsmen have made me believe that when people talk of the “ good old days” We are living in them now. Never before in this optical world has as much innovation existed before. Not only do I mean through optical building, refinement, lense coatings, illumination, and adjustability …….but Reticle options?! I’ve used horus reticles, MLRs, TMRs, Mil Dots Gen 1 & 2, P4s, Ballistic Reticles, Duplexes, etc but as far as for using a reticle with a massive amount of user friendly information and without a lot of unneeded clutter in the shooter’s FOV, the NH-1 is a beautiful design. To everyone in Germany that worked to help many others in this world with the accomplishment their mission, be it Tactical Shooting Matches, Security, or target interdiction I say this……Job Well Done X infinity. to quote LL "Game Changer"

Re: I drank the Kool Aid and It was pure

I assume you're talking about a Hensoldt?

Nice!
laugh.gif

I am not a writer..........but I did stay at a holiday inn.........
grin.gif

no but for real... Every reticle, minus the horus, I have ever used has had a begininning and end to the user's usability, if you will, to the reticle. I mean that their reticle will "shrink & grow" with the magnification being used to engage the target, especially in FFP. Usually it seems that manufacturers design reticles with the thought of the reticle being used at a specific magnification range, which would be ideal on a SFP scope. But with FFP scopes becoming more & more the standard or the "norm" option offerd these days, even on entry scopes i.e. SS/Falcon, the reticle's range of usability still is very limited. But not on the NH-1. The reticle has usibility for holdover or ranging for the whole magnification range. There are markers that continue from 4X -16X through out the whole reticles magnification range. I'm sure something will come out that may or may not improve on it either this week or sometime soon but I am very impressed with the direction of the industry a of late

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the love of God, man.... PARAGRAPHS!!!! </div></div>
LOL

562 word diatribe....no paragraph, run on sentences, and STILL no fking idea what scope he bought...WTF????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">562 word diatribe....no paragraph, run on sentences, and STILL no fking idea what scope he bought...WTF???? </div></div>

That reticle only comes in the 4-16x56 Hensoldt, I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">562 word diatribe....no paragraph, run on sentences, and STILL no fking idea what scope he bought...WTF????</div></div>

I believe the only tool that comes with that reticle is the Hensoldt.

Hensoldt & yes the Nh1 only comes in the 4-16, sorry assumed everyone here was privy to that info

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exhogflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">562 word diatribe....no paragraph, run on sentences, and STILL no fking idea what scope he bought...WTF???? </div></div>

Recently I had to take the Tabs test for a course and aced everything but one subject. Can you guess which one? Also the pinot grigio was running last night lol

Gotcha.....my bad as I've never had the pleasure of layin' an eyeball behind one.Not sure I'd want to though as these things have a way of creepin' in the house while the wallet lays by the phone bleeding n screaming....

I've gotten to stick my eyeball through one and they are pretty nice.
Fortunately for my wallet I got to do it side by side with one of my current scopes (and a couple other top tier scopes all at the same power and target) in nasty hazy conditions and it wasn't nice enough to risk divorce over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the
love of God,
man....
PA
RA
GRAPHS!!!! </div></div>
Fixed.

I wish I could afford to drink that kool-aid (sigh)

Also note to self the next time I'm unabashedly excited about something I just spent a small fortune on, I will refrain from posting until I've settled down. You guys are sending me into PTSD flashbacks of high school English Comp.!I keep seeing visions of papers with more read than black, and hearing lectures on how I'll never amount to anything writing this way...

I want the last 3 minutes back!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish I could afford to drink that kool-aid (sigh)

Also note to self the next time I'm unabashedly excited about something I just spent a small fortune on, I will refrain from posting until I've settled down. <span style="color: #CC0000">You guys are sending me into PTSD flashbacks of high school English Comp.!I keep seeing visions of papers with more read than black</span>, and hearing lectures on how I'll never amount to anything writing this way... </div></div>

I get to grade those papers, sucks being a teacher's aid in high school with kids that just don't care.
cry.gif

Good part is i get to listen to my ipod instead of the lectures
whistle.gif

Maybe someday I can afford some of that Kool-Aid, til then I get what I can. Maybe a NF at some point...

It's no longer about a scope that will get the job done. It is now about "optical orgasms".

have noticed that many people who email me have forgotten the fine art of capitalization.
(Too much "texting" on their phones, I assume.)

Capitalization is the difference between
helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and
helping your uncle jack off a horse.

I hope I've made myself clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I hope I've made myself clear. </div></div>

Now that is funny. As well as put in terms I can understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have noticed that many people who email me have forgotten the fine art of capitalization.

I hope I've made myself clear. </div></div>
lol omg rotf :-O :-D :-(

I actually read the first post through my Hensoldt and it all made sense and was clear and concise.

The Hensoldt is soooo good that it auto corrects everything, even spelling and punctuation.

Re: I drank the Kool Aid and It was pure Hensoldt

where are you guys currently buying your Hensoldts from? I'm looking for one for my TRG42...From the limited info I've seen, the 6-24 scope does not have its reticle in the FFP, correct?

I was wondering if assembly parts were available too. I have a sheared screw cap that sits under the azimuth turret.

thanks,
Mike

I got mine from Sport Optics. Good guys to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">have noticed that many people who email me have forgotten the fine art of capitalization.

I hope I've made myself clear.</div></div>

LMFAO!!! Uncle jack must be into animal husbandry and improving genetic lineage.

thanks Gavin..

looks like a nice site too, with some accessory options..

much appreciated...

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually read the first post through my Hensoldt and it all made sense and was clear and concise.

The Hensoldt is soooo good that it auto corrects everything, even spelling and punctuation.

</div></div>
Nice jasonk

I got mine through SWFA with some accessories also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: metalmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks Gavin..

looks like a nice site too, with some accessory options..

much appreciated...

Mike </div></div>

You're welome. There are a couple of site sponsors that carry Hensoldt. You won't go wrong with any of them. CSTactical, SWFA and sport optics are GTG. I don't believe Liberty Optics carry's Hensoldt, but do have Zeiss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually read the first post through my Hensoldt and it all made sense and was clear and concise.

</div></div>

Haha! Best post yet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does luppy crack that list? </div></div>

Because once upon a time they were the "Standard" Because of this they still have a loyal standing. I hope, because of my history with their products, that the new equipment they are coming out with is up to their old standards. Time will tell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does luppy crack that list? </div></div>

I have an old MK4 16x scope that the glass is amazing in... They didn't always used to be what they are now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toddcal13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does luppy crack that list? </div></div>

I have an old MK4 16x scope that the glass is amazing in... They didn't always used to be what they are now. </div></div>

I still have Leupold products from years gone by such as FX3 Golden Ring, MK4 scope, and Spotting scopes. I have never had a problem with them. They track true and have lasted through a lot. The FX3 is from 1982