• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I feel like I am missing something important.

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I can't quite put my finger on it but I just feel like my rifle is missing something.

I'm kidding of course. Awhile ago, I posted on here about picking up a Swedish Mauser that some idiot had basically ruined by doing a craptacular job of mounting a scope. The bases were poorly fitted to the receiver and the holes were so badly aligned that, with the low power scope I had on it, you could see the barrel visibly off center. I originally planned on trying to fix the receiver to make it half-way presentable but concluded that it was a waste of time. As it was, a local gunshop happened to have a Husqavarna action sans anything else. Selling a muzzleloader for pretty much what I had into it, I picked up the action pictured below.

I don't personally have the tools to pull the barrel, hence the picture. I plan on having the barrel of the old receiver pulled and trimmed a little on the back and front before refinishing. I know I am going to have done this the hard way but at least I should be able to get a good rifle out of it. I was also planning on having it properly fit with an Accumounts M41B mount. Below is a picture of the old action and barrel. I am a little worried that the barrel may be of no use. Does it look like the there is enough on the back end to trim it a little bit? The good news is that I don't have to worry about aligning the sights!

I think you are missing a sling, other than that it looks pretty whole.

Good luck on your project. As for going about it the hard way, oh well, sometimes that makes it fun.

I'm sure whatever is missing isn't important anyway.

Good luck, and have fun!

HRF

How long did it take to get your stamp for that SBR with flashider?

Yep there is enough there. Have your smith take off one full thread from the shoulder and also where the barrel seats inside the action and re-chamber.

That should buff out..

Last edited: