• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I feel so much safer now...

slowworm

Low speed, High Drag
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2004
New Hampshire
I am so glad the Mass Sate Police are helping prevent such heinous and lethal weapons from making it North to NH, and keeping MA so safe.

Oh, wait - I can just go to Bass Pro in Hookset and buy it over the counter, or I could if the damn things were in stock. NH is 51 out of 52 states and territories for violent crime. MA is 36. I hate to say it, but this is all show and no substance from the MSP.

• Wow
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Driver is a fucking dumbass for having that thing in plain sight AND attracting attention in the first place. If you are going to carry a certain item, any item, in a certain place where that particular item can trigger a severe allergic reaction among the locals and especially local law enforcement, DON'T FUCKING ATTRACT ATTENTION TO YOURSELF. Holy fucking dumbshit Batman, dawg.

Blowing up the exploits of a recent graduate from the academy to create the appearance that they are ready to replace the Troopers that are retiring or being fired for refusing the governors mandated vaccine.

It takes at least 5 years for a Trooper to become proficient in independent patrol.....just smoke and mirrors played on a public that has no clue at what they are looking at here.

It is. Well, a brass-framed copy of one, at least.

It's in .44 caliber, which makes it historically inaccurate as well. If the barrel was round, it would be a .36 cal Confederate Griswold & Gunnison replica. There are no ".44 caliber Navies", because .44 cal is an Army frame. It is one misnomer that has lasted almost as long as the Pietta firm has been in business, however, these brass frames are extremely cheap and are often the guns that got many black powder shooters into the sport for their first time shooting. Brass frames are notorious for shooting loose very quickly though, even with normal charges and sometimes just after 10-20 shots. These things are not built with longevity in mind, unless you plan on never shooting them at all. I've repaired more of 'em than I can count and a lot of times people just send me broken old brassers because I strip them down for parts. The arbors and action parts are casehardened steel and are extremely useful elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lange Carabine
Driver is a fucking dumbass for having that thing in plain sight AND attracting attention in the first place. If you are going to carry a certain item, any item, in a certain place where that particular item can trigger a severe allergic reaction among the locals and especially local law enforcement, DON'T FUCKING ATTRACT ATTENTION TO YOURSELF. Holy fucking dumbshit Batman, dawg.
This.

You hear of guys driving huge loads of weed with expired tags, lights out, drunk and weaving.:rolleyes:

Im all for legalization of all of it but damn, if youre stupid enough to do stuff like that maybe youre too stupid to be free.

In Texas, that’s not even considered a firearm, according to the Texas Constitution.

But most cops don’t know that, and you’d still go to jail for no reason, if it was carried in a location or manner that actual firearms aren’t allowed.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
In Texas, that’s not even considered a firearm, according to the Texas Constitution.

But most cops don’t know that, and you’d still go to jail for no reason, if it was carried in a location or manner that actual firearms aren’t allowed.

Neither are they in New York, as long as they are not loaded. I posted this a while back about a retired NY State Trooper who shoots at our range when I lived up near Poughkeepsie and he told us that one of his more memorable busts was a gangbanger who had a .44 cal Colt 1860 Army that he had stolen from a house he had burglarized. The hoodbooger had no idea how the thing worked so he took a couple of 9mm and .22 LR cartridges, wrapped them in duct tape until they fit in the chambers of the cylinder without falling out, and stuffed them down a few of the chambers from the front...

It's in .44 caliber, which makes it historically inaccurate as well. If the barrel was round, it would be a .36 cal Confederate Griswold & Gunnison replica. There are no ".44 caliber Navies", because .44 cal is an Army frame. It is one misnomer that has lasted almost as long as the Pietta firm has been in business, however, these brass frames are extremely cheap and are often the guns that got many black powder shooters into the sport for their first time shooting. Brass frames are notorious for shooting loose very quickly though, even with normal charges and sometimes just after 10-20 shots. These things are not built with longevity in mind, unless you plan on never shooting them at all. I've repaired more of 'em than I can count and a lot of times people just send me broken old brassers because I strip them down for parts. The arbors and action parts are casehardened steel and are extremely useful elsewhere.
While we're on the subject, Cimarron's selling a new .45 LC revolver by Uberti that's based on Tuco's but it's got a round barrel instead of octagonal and I don't see why it wouldn't be in .38 like their Blondie revolver and, presumably, Tuco's movie cartridge gun. Plus I'm pretty sure neither his cartridge nor percussion revolvers had a round barrel...

Blowing up the exploits of a recent graduate from the academy to create the appearance that they are ready to replace the Troopers that are retiring or being fired for refusing the governors mandated vaccine.

It takes at least 5 years for a Trooper to become proficient in independent patrol.....just smoke and mirrors played on a public that has no clue at what they are looking at here.
That makes a lot of sense. Of course, with that being an official news blog, it would also seem that this is being pushed quite hard from within. Sadl I’m not surprised.

This whole vax mandate has ripped apart families, workplaces and communities. I really believe that was no accident. Divide and rule….

Reactions: rhsc
Neither are they in New York, as long as they are not loaded. I posted this a while back about a retired NY State Trooper who shoots at our range when I lived up near Poughkeepsie and he told us that one of his more memorable busts was a gangbanger who had a .44 cal Colt 1860 Army that he had stolen from a house he had burglarized. The hoodbooger had no idea how the thing worked so he took a couple of 9mm and .22 LR cartridges, wrapped them in duct tape until they fit in the chambers of the cylinder without falling out, and stuffed them down a few of the chambers from the front...
Hooked up with this chick who had two daughters who dated wana be gang bangers. Notice a revolver sitting out on a book shelf in her place. Concerned me at first, as its easy access for idiots. Then realized it was a black powder gun and they are likely too stupid to figure out how to load it.

• Haha
Hooked up with this chick who had two daughters who dated wana be gang bangers. Notice a revolver sitting out on a book shelf in her place. Concerned me at first, as its easy access for idiots. Then realized it was a black powder gun and they are likely too stupid to figure out how to load it.

It's actually not that uncommon for black powder revolvers and rifles to turn up in police searches of gang members' residences or known drug hotspots. Almost all of them were stolen during break-ins and the thieves were like "oh shit, a gun, lemme take that too!"... And then they realize they have no idea how the weapon is loaded, disassembled, or operated and they just toss it somewhere.

Reactions: GreenGO Juan
It's actually not that uncommon for black powder revolvers and rifles to turn up in police searches of gang members' residences or known drug hotspots. Almost all of them were stolen during break-ins and the thieves were like "oh shit, a gun, lemme take that too!"... And then they realize they have no idea how the weapon is loaded, disassembled, or operated and they just toss it somewhere.
I can't remember the last time I've seen one on a property list from a crime scene, but perhaps your area is different. Out here in the old west, everyone has guns anyway.

Lots of the towns in central Ma built revolvers during the black powder cartridge era.

As a result lots of blackpowder cartridge revolvers get picked up by the PO.

I dont think there is a great understanding what would happen if a smokeless powder round were used in one.

I almost think the should be given back in something similar to Operation Phoenix in VN where doctored AK ammo was left around to cause distrust of the issued weapons.

I helped one get more proficient today....