• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Finally Bit the Bullet (and waited for it to arrive)

Rocketmandb

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2018
    IMG_1122.jpg

Some initial observations about the AutoTrickler.

- I already had the FX120, so I really should have gotten the AutoTrickler sooner. At under $500, it should have been a no-brainer, but I felt that my volume wasn't enough to warrant it. I was wrong.

- I have a couple pet peeves about the gun industry. One is that the finer points of non-firearm product development seems to be a lost art for many companies supporting the industry. I'm very happy to say that the AutoTrickler definitely does not fit that mold. For such an esoteric product, you'd expect finer points to suffer, but this is a great product (in every sense of the word) from start to finish. Very clear and concise instructions, high quality parts, good form factor - and it works!

- I approached setup with trepidation because it involves changing settings in the scale. My trepidation was unwarranted

- I haven't loaded any ammo with it yet, but have played with some charges and powders. Even large-kernel powders throw very accurately.

- My favorite feature: When you pull the charge out and put back the empty pan, it automatically starts the next charge. Love this.

Last edited:
    Yep, it was pretty amazing when I first got it. Now it’s just the baseline lol. Wouldn’t powder any other way. And I’m still on v2.

• Haha
    Reactions: Steel head
    Yep, it was pretty amazing when I first got it. Now it’s just the baseline lol. Wouldn’t powder any other way. And I’m still on v2.

I seriously expected it to be a pain to set up, and with my work sucking out all my available brain cells, I was not wanting to go through it.

- The set up takes a little bit, but is very clear.
    - The app is easy - which is an accomplishment in any industry
    - It worked perfectly the first time

I can’t say I’ve seen any real change down range but the time savings and convenience make it worthwhile.
    Very little tinkering or tuning needed and it handles stick powder well.

I can’t say I’ve seen any real change down range but the time savings and convenience make it worthwhile.
    Very little tinkering or tuning needed and it handles stick powder well.

Exactly why I finally got it. Since it is measuring the next charge as I seat the bullet with the previous, from a time perspective, it essentially cuts out the entire step of measuring. Or at least almost, since I seat slightly quicker than the measurement takes. This is why some people have two of these things. (Not for me - yet).

I think everyone who is anal enough to weigh powder with a lab balance will eventually move to an autotrickler setup, even if they resist it at first.

...I'm waiting on my order now. Thanks for the notes on install, scale config is the part I'm least looking forward to. Did you try any ball powder yet? Wondering if the autothrower will leak any.

I think everyone who is anal enough to weigh powder with a lab balance will eventually move to an autotrickler setup, even if they resist it at first.

...I'm waiting on my order now. Thanks for the notes on install, scale config is the part I'm least looking forward to. Did you try any ball powder yet? Wondering if the autothrower will leak any.

I don't use ball powders right now, so can't comment. I tested with RL 26 and H4895. Very low sample size, but the RL 26 was consistently +/- .02. I normally like to be +.02/-0. But I'm not sure it will matter. In the few throws I did with H4895, they were right on.

I would have actually loaded up a bunch of rounds, but I've already got stuff loaded that I'm going to be shooting. I think my back will thank me when I load my next 100.

Buying a V3 was the best reloading investment I’ve made. Coming from a Chargemaster it is light years faster and just simply awesome lol gotta get the Area 419 upgrades now!
    0B100482-46B0-4E1E-BB4C-959168C305C2.jpeg