• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I finally got the Hybrids to shoot, now teach me how to get the VLDs to shoot.

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
Like most times I was shooting at 300yds, first 6 groups were the VLDs, not too impressed with those so far., then I shot the Hybrids, 1st group was a 3 shot group, and a 5 shot group that went 1.363"(not shown) and this pretty decent group. VLDs were seated just touching the lands to .020" off. Hybrids were .020" off. These groups are from my #2 6 Creed.
bLziBdT.jpg

dAuY1vY.jpg

Berger Tips for Loading VLD Bullets « Daily Bulletin

My thought would also be why the VLDs when the hybrids seem to be working very well for you? In any event, if you're going to try the Berger protocol for finding the optimal VLD seating depth in your rifle, just remember to start at a low charge weight, particularly for the touching + .010" load. No need to have an overpressure load right out of the gate. If you find the "sweet" spot, let us know.

I bought 500 Hunting VLDs because I couldn't find the Hybrids. I worked up with these powders with some Noslers, so I figured the VLDs would be safe, I didn't have a problem today. Conditions were not ideal, a lot of mirage and a slight SSW wind, shooting north. I might be ordering some Hybrids this week, but hope I can get these VLDs to work, too.

I bought 500 Hunting VLDs because I couldn't find the Hybrids. I worked up with these powders with some Noslers, so I figured the VLDs would be safe, I didn't have a problem today. Conditions were not ideal, a lot of mirage and a slight SSW wind, shooting north. I might be ordering some Hybrids this week, but hope I can get these VLDs to work, too.

Sell em

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk