• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I GOT A NEW LONGE RANGE RIFLE! UPDATE: PICS ARE up

Scotts556

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2009
Texas
My dad for my birth day got me a savage model 110 hbar in .223 remington. i know the .223 isnt that great of a long range round but it is a place to start. ill get pics up in the morning when i get my cam back from my girl friend.
scotts556
[/url][/img]

scotts556
[/url][/img]

Scott

Re: I GOT A NEW LONGE RANGE RIFLE!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Please don't put your moms pantyhose all over this rifle.

Congrats. With the right pill and twist rate you can certainly push that 223 to 700+ yards.

actually if i can get a load worked up here in the next two weeks ill go yote hunting with it then ill have to wrap it.

Scott

Wrap the barrel good it will help with your cold bore shot.LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotts556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dad for my birth day got me a savage model 110 hbar in .223 remington. i know the .223 isnt that great of a long range round but it is a place to start. ill get pics up in the morning when i get my cam back from my girl friend.

Scott </div></div>

who says the 223 isnt a great long range round with a 77 gr matchking in a bolt gun you can get all the way to 1k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotts556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually if i can get a load worked up here in the next two weeks ill go yote hunting with it then ill have to wrap it.

Scott </div></div>

teh wrapz make da difference! when its wrappd i can haz hits all the way to 100 in tiny groupz!

What's the exact model number of the rifle? The 110's are the long actions and the 10's are the short actions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the exact model number of the rifle? The 110's are the long actions and the 10's are the short actions. </div></div>
I have an older 110 Single shot 223 got it from my FIl who picked it up new. If his is new then surely its a 10 but you never know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotts556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually if i can get a load worked up here in the next two weeks ill go yote hunting with it then ill have to wrap it.

Scott </div></div>

Why? Do coyotes feel more comfortable around bath towels?

Seriously dude.....ditch the towels, get some krylon and spray away.

my bad it is a savage model 10

223 will get you out further than you think.

Re: I GOT A NEW LONGE RANGE RIFLE!!! WOOOOOO HOOOO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who says the 223 isnt a great long range round with a 77 gr matchking in a bolt gun you can get all the way to 1k </div></div>

Without the tighter twist rate, you won't be able to stabalize those heavy rounds (unless you were kidding in which case "my bad") =P

Two guys were at the range yesterday with Remington 700 223 and they were hitting at 1000y shooting 80 grain bullets. Not only were they hitting the target at 1000 but shot 7x doing it.

The .223, with the right bullets, is a fine long-range round. Enjoy the rifle. I've often had the most fun of the day with my .223!

Congrats Scott and that's pretty cool of your dad. Think long and hard before ever selling that as it may be something that is very special to you one day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winfree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two guys were at the range yesterday with Remington 700 223 and they were hitting at 1000y shooting 80 grain bullets. Not only were they hitting the target at 1000 but shot 7x doing it. </div></div>

I stand corrected.

im never going to sell it i was out sighting it in today and it was like magic it jest felt so good when i was shooting it. like it was made jest for me. i was shoting sub 1/2 moa with remington match ammo.

scott

Nice setup. That'll be a good rifle to learn on.

Congrats on the new Savage, I'm sure you'll love yours as much as I love mine,