• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I got feeding problems with my Q Fix rifle

When I pull the bolt back and pulled forward to put the other bullet in the chamber the tip of the bullet get stock and it won’t let the bolt close completely

That’s what happen

Attachments

• 3BF639F4-FF0B-4630-8736-37CAB31C8716.jpeg
    3BF639F4-FF0B-4630-8736-37CAB31C8716.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 206
Where does the bullet get stuck? Got a picture?

Edit: Just saw your picture. It can either go back to Q or another gunsmith, but the chamfer at the rear of the barrel needs to be enlarged.

Yea man It was kinda disappointed to me cause this is my first product from Q and Me having a problem like this it kinda make me mad you know
Q is perfect!
Your probably doing it wrong!
Ghost of KB.
😂

Supersubes suggestion is what I’d do.

FYI, this is the response I received from Q after sending mine back to them for the same issue. I was trying to use 140 gr Berger VLDs in mine. Also, there work did not resolve the issue as they expected. 143 gr ELDX loads do cycle just fine. Continue reading for further details.

"In it's current condition the problem may be improved but it was not solved. What I did was increase the chamfer size on the barrel face so that lower chambering bullets do not hit on the flat face but on the lead in chamfer. This does not solve the problem for long and thin tipped bullets like 140 and 130 Bergers, and I cannot increase the chamfer any further to try and minimize unsupported case head. With the increase in the popularity of these slimmer bullets coming to market we are going to a 6.5CM specific extension. We don't expect to have them for about 2 months. Until then I would avoid loading those rounds. We function and accuracy test with Hornady 140ELDM, and have had great results with 143ELDX for accuracy as well."

FYI, this is the response I received from Q after sending mine back to them for the same issue. I was trying to use 140 gr Berger VLDs in mine. Also, there work did not resolve the issue as they expected. 143 gr ELDX loads do cycle just fine. Continue reading for further details.

"In it's current condition the problem may be improved but it was not solved. What I did was increase the chamfer size on the barrel face so that lower chambering bullets do not hit on the flat face but on the lead in chamfer. This does not solve the problem for long and thin tipped bullets like 140 and 130 Bergers, and I cannot increase the chamfer any further to try and minimize unsupported case head. With the increase in the popularity of these slimmer bullets coming to market we are going to a 6.5CM specific extension. We don't expect to have them for about 2 months. Until then I would avoid loading those rounds. We function and accuracy test with Hornady 140ELDM, and have had great results with 143ELDX for accuracy as well."
So you think is the ammo I’m using

So you think is the ammo I’m using
Look where your bullet is hitting. Right on the flat portion of the breech at the chamfer edge. If your bullets were shorter, or the rounds were just loaded shorter, the case shoulder would hit the front of the extension before and lift the bullet up before the the bullet tip hit the breech face.

You have a pic of your barrel after they did their work? Curious because I've sorted out a few of these and they work great afterwards.

My mod
AF173D3C-B2CF-44FF-9C80-990EC72DBAF5.jpeg

Proof prefit/Factory
ACF79EBF-EB62-4743-AAA1-5163C64DA665.jpeg

Last edited:
Look where your bullet is hitting. Right on the flat portion of the breech at the chamfer edge. If your bullets were shorter, or the rounds were just loaded shorter, the case shoulder would hit the front of the extension before and lift the bullet up before the the bullet tip hit the breech face.
You don’t think is the ammo

So you recommend me to send it back to Q that way they can fix that?
If you would go that route, I would ask them if they have a new barrel extension design first. If they don't, then there really isn't a point of sending it to them from my experience. I am going to ask them the same question and if they don't, I am hoping to find a smith to help remedy the situation.

You can see where your bullets still hit the flat breech face. One more angle to break that edge off would have fixed it. How long ago was their correspondence with you where they mentioned the extension?
I contacted them in October 2020 I believe.

If you would go that route, I would ask them if they have a new barrel extension design first. If they don't, then there really isn't a point of sending it to them from my experience. I am going to ask them the same question and if they don't, I am hoping to find a smith to help remedy the situation.
Alright I will ask them first

If I only I had a dollar for every q that had to be sent back....you would think For the price you pay for their product they could have some type of QC in place

Lolol seeing his stuff fail makes it sweeter for me when he talked all that shit on mike pappas about “hiring him an engineer.”
Causing problems that shouldn’t have existed, the fix.
Hate it for you man sucks when money and quality don’t go hand in hand.

Hate to hear you are having problems. If you look at that last pic you posted there is a pretty significant “splash” of metal at the five o’clock position. That may be your big problem area. Also...is the sheer amount of shaved brass in you action par for the course? Seems very excessive to me. Not going to say a thing about Q because I know nothing about them that isn’t anecdotal from forums.