• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I got mine, Jack! TT Gen3

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Christmas came early this year. My Tangent Theta TT525P Gen 3 XR arrived today .Just unboxed it. I have 2 Kahles K624i scopes which I am quite happy with, that's why I bought two. Just unboxed it and no buyer's remorse whatsoever. Had planned to get the new Kahles K525 when the new reticle which I had been waiting for came out. I had been told it would be February or March before I would get mine. Now to put the new Spuhr mounts on my rifle, take off the Kahles scope and go to the range. Damn I'm going to be hard to live with for awhile.

Felt bad about talking about the scope, but unboxing it just blew me away. Closing the office today so if the rain and wind stops I will mount it on my AI/AT and then we'll dance.I really love the quality of my Kahles scopes ( and my eyes have never detected any CA with weather of them, both Gen3), but handling the TT was a whole other experience. Shooting report as soon as the weather breaks.

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I’ll be around in Montreal next spring, where I could find a TT retailer to look through it and bring it back home, if it suits my eyes?
Thx

Great feeling opening the box and putting a TT scope in your hands.I remember when i did it.Smile ear to ear.

Reactions: kujuak
Jealous as well! Merry Christmas happy you got an awesome scope, if u want to make my Christmas you can send me your "old" khales scope Hahahah

Love to see a photo through the reticle when and if you can. I have seen the drawings but would be very iterated in seeing it in "real" life.

Christmas came early this year. My Tangent Theta TT525P Gen 3 XR arrived today .Just unboxed it. I have 2 Kahles K624i scopes which I am quite happy with, that's why I bought two. Just unboxed it and no buyer's remorse whatsoever. Had planned to get the new Kahles K525 when the new reticle which I had been waiting for came out. I had been told it would be February or March before I would get mine. Now to put the new Spuhr mounts on my rifle, take off the Kahles scope and go to the range. Damn I'm going to be hard to live with for awhile.
I have 2 624i scopes and just bought a 525 and like many of the features, I have seen but not looked through the old Premier scopes but have not seen a TT in the flesh. Can you give me some reasons why the TT is hands down so much better than the Kahles scope.

Thanks for the cross link. And it really looks a good purchase.

I suppose I have two more questions -

Will you dial to the range and use the dots as corrections or will you zero at a set range? (Yes I know the theory but what is really happening out of the box)

And I saw the reticle "pop" between 16 and 20 power in the link. Is that the practical competition power band for you?

Interested in other's experiences - I'm in a massive argument with friends but I am the first to admit I do not know on the two points above.

I’ll be around in Montreal next spring, where I could find a TT retailer to look through it and bring it back home, if it suits my eyes?
Thx
Man! since it's canadian you'd think we could get it at a fair price... not so much.. around 6000$ Cad last time i checked.
Same thing with Labradar which is made about 15 minutes from my home. Can't get them to sell one directly.
Near Montreal i dont know of a place you could hold one in your hands. The place i saw were in B.C and Alberta iirc. Best bet would be Nova Scotia where these are made.

Just took the scope outside for first time ( Christmas family responsibities ya know). Quick look, yes I can see the difference from my Kahles K624i looking into the dark woods behind my house on an overcast day. The glass difference is quite obvious, turret feel superb, a known given. Who woulda thought,my Kahles are now relegated to 2nd tier in my armoury. Now to figure out the Spuhr mount and put it on my AX , and no falling snow or heavy rain and may just get this lovely out to the range before the New Year.

Yes it is f'n expensive even in Canuck bucks. I am a fairly tightwad oldster but no buyer's remorse other than I wish it had been out when I bought my second Kahles :D, The glass assessment is by a set of 70 year old eyes , your results may vary.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidb187