• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I got my FN SPR A2 back from Short Action Custom's

RRA_45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
kingston, oklahoma
I sent my FN SPR A2 to Short Action Custom's for some work. First off Mark is very professional and was easy to communicate with for any and all questions I had.

I had him inlet the stock and receiver for the cdi bottom metal, add a Badger bolt handle, pillar and epoxy bed the stock, and install CG X-Treme Mod 22 2-stage trigger.

His work is top notch. The handle is very clean. Everything is basically perfect. The trigger weighed in at 1.5lbs but I can't really do a accurate measurement with the stock on. I need to mount my scope up. I have a US Optics rail mounted bubble level and YHM QD Titanium phantom for it. The mags are alpha type 1.

My camera not working well so I couldn't get real close pics but it is perfect. I will use Mark for future projects.

Oh yea some individuals were questioning whether the FN I purchased is covered by factory warranty because of it's source. I was told it was covered. I will call FN tomorrow and find out. Obviously my gun is not going to be covered after the work. It's good info to have as these A2's in a McMillan A4 stock are priced great and are all FN parts.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

009-10.jpg

Re: I got my FN SPR A2 back from Short Action Custom's

Mark does some excellent work! He has built a few for me and each one gets better and better.

He received my rifle March 29 and I got it back today. Very fast turn around.

Great looking weapon, the perfect trampoline accessory! I would echo everyone else in saying that Mark Gordon does awesome work. He's done some piecemeal work for me, and I can't wait to get a full build done at SAC. Enjoy, CKruse

I have no doubt that gun will be an outright shooter! I've had the pleasure of meeting mark on two seperate occasions at gun shows in the area. I was working at my booth and wasn't able to leave but in passing saw mark and he said he had brought one of his dta's and I said I would get down and take a look, not 15 minutes later he was walking up with dta in tote and let me check it out there. A small gesture but really went a long way for me. I can't wait to have Mark do some work for me because he has been absolutely awesome with all my questions and his attitude is awesome. Big thumbs up to Mark at Short Action Customs

So I called FN about the rifle's origins. What a waste of time. The guy either didn't know shit or just didn't care to take the time.

He basically said they don't keep enough info on file to tell me how my rifle started it's life. He could just tell me when it was built. I really don't care but that is pretty lame. He said all FN rifles have implied warranty.

I got it for $1520 shipped sold as an FN SPR A2 in a McMillan A4 stock. It is all FN parts. I got it from Tactical Coordination. If you plan to have some mods done these are a great base to work with at a good price. I think they slightly increased the price since I got mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abbott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Length of pull seems a little long for you.... </div></div>

He will grow into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c4xplsv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice - did he thread the barrel too? </div></div>

No I had that done by aquila precision right after getting it.

I got my camera to work a little better so I thought I'd include some closer looks at his work.

012-4.jpg

010-10.jpg

009-11.jpg

BadAss Rifle!! That's some nice clean smith work!

I got an A2/A4 from Mike at tac-cord as well. Interested in doing the bedding and bottom metal at either Short Action Custom or Pheonix Custom Rifles.

Did you notice an accuracy difference after a proper bedding job was done? And if you don't mind me asking, what the bedding and inletting work cost you?

PM if you want, thanks much for the info!
Oh, what's the attached rear bag?

Would you please post a few pictures of the trigger and bottom metal? thanks