• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I guess Brownells and Winchester found the lost supply 🥸

tell me why my local store had ammo at normal pricing when these gunbroker sellers are still trying to sell at 10 times that amount.

Because people are willing to pay the asking price - period, dot, end of story.

When people aren't willing to pay the asking price and product sits, the asking price will drop; demand meeting price to find market equilibrium is literally the supply and demand curve of a free market in action.

Because people are willing to pay the asking price - period, dot, end of story.

When people aren't willing to pay the asking price and product sits, the asking price will drop; demand meeting price to find market equilibrium is literally the supply and demand curve of a free market in action.
This exactly. That's how it's supposed to work. That's the magic of a penny auction. Gunbroker prices, like most prices, aren't so much "set" as they are freely chosen between seller and buyer.

Doc, you got a deal if for no other reason than the current customer base is willing to pay more. By that definition alone you paid below CURRENT market value.

market value is not the same as utility. Lots of things are sold for more money than their actual utility generates. This is one of those “in the eye of the beholder” things. I see no personal value in hookers and blow, but others find great utility in such pursuits. Likewise with ammo, especially when it comes to certain calibers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwalex
Lots of things are sold for more money than their actual utility generates. This is one of those “in the eye of the beholder” things. I see no personal value in hookers and blow, but others find great utility in such pursuits.
Dibs on all your below market value hookers and blow you want to get rid of. PM PayPal info

• Haha
Reactions: lariat
Doc, you got a deal if for no other reason than the current customer base is willing to pay more. By that definition alone you paid below CURRENT market value.

market value is not the same as utility. Lots of things are sold for more money than their actual utility generates. This is one of those “in the eye of the beholder” things. I see no personal value in hookers and blow, but others find great utility in such pursuits. Likewise with ammo, especially when it comes to certain calibers.
It’s not below market if stores are selling it for regular pricing. The people who pay over market price, create a false market for it and then when others see people pay that price, we get gouging.

Doc

Maybe they’re not so bad after all. They sent me a $15 off code to complete the purchase. 💩
33F157D1-5224-44F9-B09B-DBF692CEBD83.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10ring'r and Doc68
"Not forgetting" Is a market force you dumbasses. Jesus Christ
But it has to be in an amount that is material in nature to affect any retailer and it probably isn’t going to occur.

At this point if your so upset with ammo prices that your going to have to not forget any seller and you’re only to be without ammo later when it’s available just because your pissed while everyone else has moved on with life. I mean, if you hold to that notion, which I doubt any will.

Last edited:
Reactions: silentwoods
It’s not below market if stores are selling it for regular pricing. The people who pay over market price, create a false market for it and then when others see people pay that price, we get gouging.

Doc
This is not completely true. If it were there would be no stock in the stock market that was traded above par value. The market sets the final price as they determine at what level they are willing to part with money for a product. The seller states a price that they are willing to sell for, but the buyer has the choice to buy or not at that price. Should the seller decide not to sell at a given price that he deems too low then he is left with a decision: either there are others who will pay the price or that he has priced himself out if the market. Currently there ARE people who are not moving ammo because they are priced too high. Others are selling in a range of prices. That’s where the market is because it reflects the acceptable range currently. It isn’t false because actual goods are being purchased. That alone makes it fact, albeit a very undesirable one for all of us.

this whole event is a great lesson in pricing and demand at a macro level.

Last edited:
This thread...just damn.
Is there a forum somewhere bitching about 2x4 studs and plywood?

Its not gouging, its oscillation in the fucking supply chain, on everything. Pray the chain doesn't break. Inflation is being camouflaged by these oscillations.
Its sad that most folks don't know that the dol l ar lost half its buying power between 2007 and 2014.
So much of our economy is being manipulated in really bad ways right now with manufactured crisis, and you are bitching about the price of ammo.

You should have laid in enough ammo to last 10 years, 5 years ago.....but you were busy doing "other things" there was no crisis then.

I used to make Hitler downfall vids of epic proportions poking fun at you whiney dickholes.

Suck it up buttercup. You may be in for a long ride.

You are all oppressed. Match ammo is a Human Right. Demand minimum basic ammo from your government. For The Children!

Reactions: silentwoods
This thread...just damn.
Is there a forum somewhere bitching about 2x4 studs and plywood?

Its not gouging, its oscillation in the fucking supply chain, on everything. Pray the chain doesn't break. Inflation is being camouflaged by these oscillations.
Its sad that most folks don't know that the dol l ar lost half its buying power between 2007 and 2014.
So much of our economy is being manipulated in really bad ways right now with manufactured crisis, and you are bitching about the price of ammo.

You should have laid in enough ammo to last 10 years, 5 years ago.....but you were busy doing "other things" there was no crisis then.

I used to make Hitler downfall vids of epic proportions poking fun at you whiney dickholes.

Suck it up buttercup. You may be in for a long ride.
You sir are entirely too logical and honest.

How dare you speak truth to the retards that think ammo should cost today what is cost 16 months ago.
Raw commodities aren't a thing and neither are contracts.

And especially a big fuck you for not being a victim of your own accord and lack of awareness.

You reasonable and intelligent types just piss me off.

Reactions: Mwalex
To clarify.
I never said there weren't profiteers.
I never said the price of a bunch if shit right now isn't redonkulous.
I despise people who camp out at ammo stores, just as much as anyone.

Bitching about the price of ammo, or the price of a 2x4 isn't productive.

I'd like to tell you all a story about my last 9 months adventure, but it isn't going to change my situation, nor will it change the price of lumber. Besides that I've been trying real hard not to be a whiny bitch.
Yeah, I think its absolutely fucking silly, for people to be crying about "muh ammo", because they can't piss away 2 or 3 boxes of ammo every week right now.
I'm not lumping everyone together either. My friends know ill help those in need. A lot of this bitching has nothing to do with "need".

Go buy some fucking wire. No one is scarfing that shit up and selling it on farcebook.