• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I HATE MY HOME BASE!!!!! and the idiots here too!!

SIG383

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
South Hill/Puyallup, WA
Sorry, this is just really pissing me off. My home unit, good ole' McChord in Washington state...I had to pretty much argue to get uniforms and shit for my deployment. After printing off the reporting instructions, I was able to get a sling for my rifle.

On top of that, I was issued 1 pair of boots. Even though the reporting instructions I showed said 2 pairs. They tell me my old, almost worn out pair I have on, counts as a pair.
When I went in to pick them up, they were out of my size. 10.5 reg was on backorder for who knows how long. They said I can special order this other style of safety-toe boot in(I'm around heavy equip, need the toe). I order a 10.5, they come in the day before I leave. I try 'em on, they don't fit. They say regular, but I think a tag or something was swithed with a wide, cause my foot bounces around in them with the laces so tight, the eyelets are overlaping. I ask if they can just send the regular ones whenever they come in from backorder. I'm told, just wear a couple pairs of socks and deal with it, we already spent money on your boots and since you wore them outside, they cannot be returned or exchanged. Well, just to be nice, I tried this. The result was one of the biggest blisters on my heel I've ever seen and me not being able to walk for a week, plus my foot drenched in sweat walking around in 120oF with 3 pairs of socks on.

Now, my old boots that I've been wearing, are toast. The liner inside the boot is ripped, the sole on the toe is coming off, and there's no tread left. The jackasses here, say it's my home station's responsibility to get me boots, not theirs. I call my home unit, and ask about sending me boots, again, no, we already issued you a pair.

Usually, I'd just say fuckit, drop $160 on some Danners and buy a pair, but they don't have any here(no safety toe of anykind), and, on top of that, I've got $5 thanks to a soon to be, ex-wife. I just made a payment on my gun being built so it will be a while before I even have it to get....sorry, I should be asleep right now, but this shit's been eating at me and keeping me awake.

Think I'm going to go talk to the Col since nobody else here can get anything done. I've been on a lot of deployments before where we were taken care of, but this is some bullshit! Well, wish me luck this week on trying to get SOMETHING accomplished with this crap.

Re: I HATE MY HOME BASE!!!!! and the idiots here too!!

Boots are one of the largest issues. We had problems with them during OEF VII for DX. Wear the new boots you have if they fit, and take the old one's with you. As soon as you arrive in theater get your supply to set you up a DX appointment with the FOB/BASE Supply facility. You have a better chance doing that, OR maybe your Colonel can get you a Chit to buy them locally but I think that may be the 'wish in one hand deal'

Dude take a trip up here to the Navy base, they may have what you need, if PSNS does not have it, Bangor may have it.

Bangor has a Marine contingency here and a clothing sales store in the NX.

We have a safety truck come by once a month, I know they ahve a HUGE variety of boots/safety boots etc. THink they have Danners, and the pair I bought 10 years ago (I wear em 1-2 times a year) still work great.

I'm bout 45 miles north of ya, Bremerton.

I am IN Iraq now. I've been trying to get another pair for 2 months now. The new pair does not fit. I haven't been able to get anyone in my chain to allow me to even try the supply here. It's just getting really frustrating. Anywho, I'm gonna try and get a couple hours of sleep in if I can. Peace

SIG,
Have you talked to your home station shirt yet? They may be able to help you out. If you strike out there, the CC can throw some weight around to get you what you need. Might want to talk to the shirt/CC at deployed location as well.

I'll send a retired Navy guy over later - size 10.5 regular? With steel toes?

I'll have to call my shirt at home. The shirt here was actually the one that stonewalled me here, saying this unit is not responsible for your boots....blah blah blah...

yeah 10.5, desert tan or AF green

Give me a day or two - sent my request in but my buddy is the fire marshall and spends his day inspecting buildings on base...

SIG, if you are on my Joint Base, let me know, I might be able to hook you up, or at least give you a pair or two of 10.5s to use short term.

Boots on the way. Please feel free to shove one of the new boots into your leadership teams @ss, they deserve it. It sounds like they are suffering from a severe case of Cranal Rectal Invertinitis (CRI) and need to take better care of the troops that are assigned to them.

WE plaid hell getting our Temperate(Cold weather) boots replaced in OEF VII until someone made a call to a guy who knows a Senator...funny, we had new boots, LOT's of new boots in like a month after word about that got out. There are many people here who seem to be able to do magic things once in a while for our Forward Warriors

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XARMOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boots on the way. Please feel free to shove one of the new boots into your leadership teams @ss, they deserve it. It sounds like they are suffering from a severe case of Cranal Rectal Invertinitis (CRI) and need to take better care of the troops that are assigned to them. </div></div>

good job buddy, fair play!