• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I hate winter

Fuck that, winter is awesome. One of the most beautiful places to be on this earth is far in the woods with a nice deep snow. I'll take that over a beach every time.

But really, variety is where it's at. Love having seasons and love the change. I would hate Fl or CA where it never changes.

I like winter. I like having seasons. Spring is good fishing. Fall is my favorite, september and october is the the best time of year to be in the woods. Winter brings hard water fishing and snowmobiling. July and august heat waves the worst time of the year. Anything north of about 85* should be illegal.

I like ice fishing...except when my hands lost color. Putting them on the dash of the pick up to warm them back up was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I have a leg that all of the skin was ripped off my shin. After getting it sewn back up, I asked the Doc when could I get back on my snowmobile...which is how my shin got ripped off in the first place.

Reactions: somewhereinmt
about to get 2-3 feet of snow tomorrow.
I don't know how much we're supposed to get. It snowed on and off all day here, but it's supposed to get back below freezing, and the snow will continue though tomorrow.

C74FC4FD-C1CF-4BE0-8F00-0CDAE52CB5D1.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Cowpokey
AIN’T ONE SWINGING DICK on this site hates winter more than i do. i even moved to california briefly to get away from it. things took a turn, and i’m back dealing with my hopefully last winter. headed to the gulf shore in a week.

FUCK joe biden, and fuck winter too.
Well, if you’re headed to Florida, make sure an Iguana doesn’t land on your head. Might want to wait til it warms up a bit.

Fuck that, winter is awesome. One of the most beautiful places to be on this earth is far in the woods with a nice deep snow. I'll take that over a beach every time.

But really, variety is where it's at. Love having seasons and love the change. I would hate Fl or CA where it never changes.
Yeah, California sucks. You can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon. Fuck that...

I like winter. I like having seasons. Spring is good fishing. Fall is my favorite, september and october is the the best time of year to be in the woods. Winter brings hard water fishing and snowmobiling. July and august heat waves the worst time of the year. Anything north south of about 85* should be illegal.
FIFY

• Haha
Reactions: somewhereinmt
Used to love winter sports etc… one season hooking chokers under a high-lead fixed that nonsense. Now the wife and I enjoy Idaho til around “fuck its cold”… then take our whole operation to Arizona. Officially the unofficial youngest snowbirds in “The Park”. Still can’t play pickle ball worth a shit…

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
meh, the avg hi daily temp here in the winter is 68f and it is 78f in the summer. of course i'm a few yards from the water.

Reactions: Familydude
Yeah, California sucks. You can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon. Fuck that...
i was referring to the political/cost of living side of it. everything else i LOVED!

in my day, i used to live for winter. i would spend all winter ice fishing. 25 years of working out in the nastiest cold you can’t imagine, day in, day out. ….i freeze up REALLY easy these days. i havent ice fished in probably 6 years and gave most my shit away. i have 3 more beaver dams that i kept…..and i am going to sell the fuckers next week just to be officially done with it.

father time WILL wear you down. enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
i was referring to the political/cost of living side of it. everything else i LOVED!
I was replying to atomic41 who said that the weather never changes… I left for much the same reason as you.

in my day, i used to live for winter. i would spend all winter ice fishing. 25 years of working out in the nastiest cold you can’t imagine, day in, day out. ….i freeze up REALLY easy these days. i havent ice fished in probably 6 years and gave most my shit away. i have 3 more beaver dams that i kept…..and i am going to sell the fuckers next week just to be officially done with it.

father time WILL wear you down. enjoy it while you can.
You nailed it. I used to love winter, would go swimming on Christmas day every year.

Now, if Im not really careful I get what I call, "Chilled to the bone" and dont thaw until late April or June.

When I was young we had real winters . Eighth grade , Freshmen , JV Football and jammin hands in arm pits to fend off the cold . Sitting in the edge of the woodbine on my buddie's Uncle's property waiting for sunrise . Deer season and fending off the cold . And aside from being at a couple thousand feet looking up to the sunset cresting over the next higher ridge there is nothing more peaceful .
I dare you to be the first one out and watch sunrise cover the un disturbed snow . It brings a uniformity and peacefulness that is beyond words . Only your Soul will understand .

i’ve worked hours upside down in a frozen pit splicing 1200 pair cable with less than a 1 1/2 nub sticking out of the frozen ground. i’ve worked on circuit cable issues in -32 and SCREAMING wind. years and years of that, wear you down. hell, i havent hardly been outside at all this winter and am still freezing my ass off. the short days are grinding on me, too.

• Sad
Reactions: Maggot
When I was young we had real winters . Eighth grade , Freshmen , JV Football and jammin hands in arm pits to fend off the cold . Sitting in the edge of the woodbine on my buddie's Uncle's property waiting for sunrise . Deer season and fending off the cold . And aside from being at a couple thousand feet looking up to the sunset cresting over the next higher ridge there is nothing more peaceful .
I dare you to be the first one out and watch sunrise cover the un disturbed snow . It brings a uniformity and peacefulness that is beyond words . Only your Soul will understand .
BTDT. Yes its lovely but so is a sunrise over a tropical beach.

i’ve worked hours upside down in a frozen pit splicing 1200 pair cable with less than a 1 1/2 nub sticking out of the frozen ground. i’ve worked on circuit cable issues in -32 and SCREAMING wind. years and years of that, wear you down. hell, i havent hardly been outside at all this winter and am still freezing my ass off. the short days are grinding on me, too.
It's been a while since I was splicing copper telephone cable. Go blind when getting to pair 1200 on the day. red and brown start to look the same.

Winter is so much more enjoyable if one just wears the correct clothing.

Yep, grew up in ND and walking to school in a damn blizzard because they wouldn't close down, then lived in AK for 11 years, 2 of which were in interior AK where I felt -71 actual temp. Moved to Southern OR for a job transfer. It's Jan and it was 61 degrees today! I can drive in 3 directions and be in the mountains in 40 minutes and play in the snow.... When I want to...

It's all relative. Except for a few months spent in Nashville, I've lived my entire life in the southern half of Texas, and I find that the boiling summer heat saps my strength more and more the older I get. The (mostly) mild winters here are a welcome relief.

I never minded the cold, I just hated shoveling snow. I sold my snow-blower, and moved back to Texas. I knew I was far enough south, when the moving man stopped bringing stuff out of the van. I looked in to see what was holding him up. He was carefully looking at a snow shovel, turned to me and asked "What the hell is this?"

Personaly for me.....it is not good to be in the dry air of winter. My hands crack and bleed. Sometimes I can't get enough lotion on. Last week they hurt so bad that I couldn't work the button and zipper on my pants. I need to move somewhere tropical.

Reactions: jbrand11