• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have a dusty beaver.......

TSUshooter

Lurker Extraordinaire
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2002
Lubbock, Texas
.....and it needs cleaning. I am considering just using the hose attachment on my vacuum and a brush. Do any of you guys have a better suggestion? Google wasn't much help.

Just in case you were wondering, I'm talking about a semi-aquatic rodent and not the other thing you were thinking.
whistle.gif

Re: I have a dusty beaver.......

As strange as this may sound, I've seen it done several times at a hunting log I go to. Get a Big box of old fashion oat meal, pour it out on a large flat pan, put in oven at warm, for about 30 mins or so (depending on you humidity). Apply with hand in rubberized glove, shaking it out between your fingers, making sure it gets in and between all the fur. Let set for a few minutes, shake off excess then vacuum the rest. The Oat Meal absorbs any oils and crap that have deposited themselves. Needless to say, do this outdoors over a large trash can or such. This really removes the dust and crap from all furs as far as I can tell. The heating of the Oat Meal, just makes it really dry. It is applied room temp, by being super dry, it absorbs all the bad stuff. I'm sure you can use other things, to do the same job, but Oat Meal is cheap, and I know it works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TSUshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....and it needs cleaning. I am considering just using the hose attachment on my vacum and a brush. Do any of you guys have a better suggestion? Google wasnt much help.

Just incase you were wondering, I'm talking about a semi-aquatic rodent and not the other thing you were thinking.
whistle.gif

</div></div>

Weelllll, if you weren't 'thinking' of the "other thing" while you were asking your question you wouldn't have typed "vacum", instead you would have correctly typed 'vacuum'
wink.gif

My taxidermist says he uses the swifter dusters. I rub my beaver with one once a month;-) I use pledge on his nose, tail, and feet. Do not use a vacuum or compressed air, it will cause skin irritation and you could end up with a bald beaver. For real though the hide will turn loose of the hair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Swiffer that beaver! </div></div>

There's a commercial or bumper sticker there somewhere.

Duh, use your tongue. Applies to any beaver you want to get clean, and will hold still that long. Afterwards, don't forget the mushroom stamp of approval!

The secret to properly caring for a beaver is to NEVER EVER let it get dusty in the first place.....

As far as stuffed critters go, keep 'em clean and purty with a regular rub down with lemon pledge, once a month at least.

With a title like this I had to come see what it was all about...thumbs up on the title. With that being said, can't help you but it was funny.

Why not just take it to a taxidermist? Bet they got the solution and help keep your beaver in service for years to cum.
smile.gif

Oh this thread has potential ..... LOL

Ok, I'm going after a Swiffer later.

Thanks for the info guys.

My beaver thanks you too.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe You should shave that beaver. Much easier to clean. </div></div>

Took someone long enough to suggest this, that was the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title. I think I might start a beaver cleaning service, anybody got any ideas for a company name????????????????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe You should shave that beaver. Much easier to clean. </div></div>

Took someone long enough to suggest this, that was the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title. I think I might start a beaver cleaning service, anybody got any ideas for a company name???????????????? </div></div>

cleaner beaver (I get 10% of the profits for the name!)
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is useless without pictures.</div></div>

I was going to do a before and after pic but the camera on my phone is a POS.

1024102324-00.jpg

The Swiffer worked pretty well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is useless without pictures. </div></div>
100_4563.jpg

You'll love this...it's sitting on my wife's lingerie dresser. lol

Your wife has a whole dresser full of Lingerie!?!? With a swiffered beaver!! Shaved would be better... but I'm still jealous...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That beaver is going to town on that wood. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> .....or do you mean "That beaver is going 'down' on that wood?</span>

Please use spell check before you type as we can't read your mind ya know!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pickpick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is useless without pictures. </div></div>
100_4563.jpg

You'll love this...it's sitting on my wife's lingerie dresser. lol</div></div>

Pretty slick beaver you have there...
grin.gif

All joking aside, it would be great if someone made a mount similar to that one but its paws could be made to hold a beer.

That would be AWESOME!!