• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I have a few questions.

6.81star

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2008
Nebraska
What do you guys use for getting your reticles straight. I have tried the levels I have fought it for a long time and I got it last weekend and it appeared to be off again or even worse than before. It is a luep mark 2 I know its nots the greatest scope but i dont think it is the worst either. What is the best leveling kit to use.

Also where can i catch up on how a scope works. My question is if its a 3x9x40 I think the 3 means it is 3x more power than 1, not for sure on the 9 and 40(mm) is objective size correct. So what would be the differecne on a 3x12 to a 3x9. sorry for the ingnorance thanks for the help

Re: I have a few questions.

For the first question
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=86421&page=1
Note; Luepold has been known to have built canted reticles in there scopes.
Level the scope with the above method ,and use a plum line on a target to confirm the reticle to body.

As for the last question
Yes 3-9x40 denontes variable power from 3x to 9x and 40 mm is the objective size.
The difference between 3-9 and 3-12 would be the capability of a higher magnifacation.