• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have a pair of Swarovski 65 HD telescopes mounted together as BIG EYES

VaRandy

Sergeant
Minuteman
They are primarily used on a heavy tripod for long range work. Realizing the large investment I have in them and NOT wanting to separate them I have TWO needs. The first is for shooting bench and the second is using while prone.They are heavy so a dinky mount will likely not work out, I suspect I will utilize a stake in the ground for the prone use and a clamp on to my shooting bench for bench work,Would be great if I could use a single mount, maybe a gamble for each and only have to trade out the support part of the equation. Could use some help visualizing my best option,

You can get some Really Right Stuff Plates for the Spotters, a rail and 2 lever mounts from Really Right Stuff to get them sitting side by side. I like the Tact3 tripod, it is good for use on bench or prone. You could use another really right stuff rail to top mount or mount upside down to fine tune your height and if you got a long enough rail you could counterweight it, which would probably be necessary on the bench, the tripod has a ground stake built in for prone work.

I was working on the same thing...sold both spottters and bought the BTX. Amazing setup. Spotting elk yesterday @ 7-10 miles. Yes, only 30X but the clarity, lack of mirage presents a very crisp image for range work or hunting. Much easier to pack as well. Just a thought for you, not trying to to convince you but wanted to plug the very impressive BTX. You can buy the 1.7X magnification option As well.

Attachments

• photo81835.jpg
    photo81835.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10