• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have a truck i want to donate to a charity.....suggestions?

myronman3

deez nuts
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2017
Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
I have a vehicle that has more issues that i want to fuck with. I just can not bring myself to sell the damn thing because it has been a money pit from day 1. Worst vehicle i have ever had....one phantom issue after another (gub’ment motors).

At any rate, i figure the way out of me without screwing someone, is to donate it. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Does your local school system have an auto mechanics program?
Donate it for HS students to work on....
This. I'm sure there's a high school that would love to get their paws on a dumpster fire like this. The kids would have a hay day fixing it.

If you are in the Midwest there is an organization called Rawhide boys camp. Great organization does a lot for troubled youth. Think they are based out of Wisconsin.

Donate to the local high school. Also, you could give it to somebody you dont like.

• Haha
Reactions: Dpp
If you have the time part it out, crush the body and donate the cash made to charity. At least then you know the truck will be gone and not costing someone else.

Tried to donate a boat and motor and trailer to karsfor kids. It didn't have a title(long story) and they wouldn't take it.

Not Kars 4 Kids. I dropped Sirius radio partly because of their incredibly obnoxious commercials (and Patriot Software too).

I've got a friend that runs a charity thing.........Cars for Christmas, and Cars for Hero's.........also a midwest thing...........he has been doing it for maybe 20 years, people donate cars, he has shops that do work on them if needed, then gives them away..........

kars for kids is a scam charity that basically spends most of what they take in and lines the operations pockets. I donated to purple heart earlier this spring and they still havent given me my tax paperwork. They partner with a local auction and then take the proceeds less fees. so on a 3K car I think they got less than $1k.

If you have a church or a charity that will actually use the car, that's your best bet or just selling the truck to locally or to car max and donating the cash.