• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have an addiction

chungus

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2022
Texas
I can’t stop buying scopes. I am fascinated with quality scopes. I have bought nine Nightforce and two Kahles scopes this month. I need help.

Reactions: Dough300
Yeah dude, we all have that addiction... If you are that taken aback with NF, then don't dare get a ZCO or Tangent. There's always another scope, another chassis, another press, another die,

I'd hate to think how much I've actually spent on all this stuff. Definitely stay away from Night Vision

DC2231A0-8B87-4629-A8A9-551B9EF61643.jpeg

ZCO or TT or GTFO!!

I shoot NF so I’ll see myself out 🖕🏻😎🖕🏻

I have alot of these mentioned and still keep shooting a Bushnell Elite Tac LOL

I have about 15-20 of them I bet. Love them. Shoot them beside Kahles, Tangent, NF, and others a good bit. I love the others too, I just don't like to overpay. :LOL:

Reactions: chiroz and Bender
I sold all the scopes off my rifles in order to buy these. They were hunting style scopes stuff like Leupold, Swaro, Zeiss, Nikon, Burris. Basically a decade worth of collection. I do have a Thompson Center Encore which is a frame with interchangeable barrels so that accounted for 5 of the scopes. It is one rifle with 5 barrels but each barrel needs its own scope.

but do they work at night? :whistle:
Oh no don’t get me started on that. Seriously though I have been into shooting for nearly forty years and have never really bought or been into high end optics. I had some name brand stuff like Leupold, Swaro, zeiss but I bought their cheaper low end products and never really messed around with scopes with reticles with graduations or dialing on scopes for range and I just got into that and it is like a whole new world in this hobby and I want every rifle I have to be capable of it.

• Haha
Reactions: theLBC
Oh no don’t get me started on that. Seriously though I have been into shooting for nearly forty years and have never really bought or been into high end optics. I had some name brand stuff like Leupold, Swaro, zeiss but I bought their cheaper low end products and never really messed around with scopes with reticles with graduations or dialing on scopes for range and I just got into that and it is like a whole new world in this hobby and I want every rifle I have to be capable of it.
If you had any Zeiss Conquest MC series scopes (the older ones before the HD5 series), then you did technically have high-end optics... Prior to the HD5 series, all the Conquest scopes were made from entirely German parts, including glass, and then the parts were shipped to the USA and assembled here. So, in a way, the older Conquest MC scopes were technically German scopes with real Carl Zeiss German glass and coatings. Which is why the old MC 3-12x56 30mm FFP scopes were $1,500+ MSRP. I still have a couple old Conquest MC scopes, including a 3-12x56 30mm FFP, and a 6.5-20x50 1" w/ target turrets. 👍🏼

If you have any you need to quietly make go away to clear space for the new models, I do teach kids shooting sports...

Seriously though, scopes are a great thing to have, but a strong stockpile of ammo should be the priority right now.
I decided to forgo the purchase of a new thermal in approval instead of shoring up a bigger investment in the precious metal of brass.
The futures market on assembled brass looks like the nightime election ballot count of 2016.

Reactions: MarinePMI
If you have any you need to quietly make go away to clear space for the new models, I do teach kids shooting sports...

Seriously though, scopes are a great thing to have, but a strong stockpile of ammo should be the priority right now.
I decided to forgo the purchase of a new thermal in approval instead of shoring up a bigger investment in the precious metal of brass.
The futures market on assembled brass looks like the nightime election ballot count of 2016.
Why can't a person do both?

IMG_0526 (2).JPG

IMG_0565 (2).JPG

Last edited:
I can’t stop buying scopes. I am fascinated with quality scopes. I have bought nine Nightforce and two Kahles scopes this month. I need help.
no, you need a 2nd if not 3rd and 4th job!

I’m waiting on the new 3rd Focal plane from Quigley Ford. It’s one more better than a second
Meh… I’m holding out for the Quigley-GM scopes to hit the market. You know, the ones that are made in China, funded by US tax payers. They’re supposed to make you feel better about the environment using them too! 😍

My two Lincoln’s - Have never owned a TT, but recently sold my ZCO for a Kahles K525i DLR. I did a thorough side by side comparison and the ZCO wins edge to edge clarity but the DLR wins points for wider FOV, turret click (both tactile as well as 10 mil per revolution), illuminated reticle that actually works without NV attachment and the biggest pro for me is the left side windage. I don’t have to take my eye off of the target to adjust mag, parallax or windage.

by side comparison and the ZCO wins edge to edge clarity but the DLR wins points for wider FOV, turret click (both tactile as well as 10 mil per revolution), illuminated reticle that actually works without NV attachment and the big
How you figure 10 mil turret is better than 15?

Reactions: Huskydriver
The first person I met at the first match I participated in said it is cheaper to be addicted to cocaine and hookers than it is to be in this sport. Wise words.

Reactions: DynamicAccuracy
How you figure 10 mil turret is better than 15?
In my opinion. 10 mil = easier to read. 15 mil = less revolutions to get to your target. Personal preference I guess. To me the turret clicks have a more positive engagement on the Kahles. Method I used to determine this was to perform side by side comparisons and dialed to random mil settings with my eyes closed on both scopes so that I could only rely on feel and sound to reach my setting. 9 out of 10 times I was closer on the Kahles. Turrets are very important to me, I sold my Razor gen iii because the turrets were garbage. Don’t get me wrong, ZCO is amazing and I can only imagine how good their scopes are going to be in the future.

Reactions: BurtG