• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have an addiction

m151m

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Fairfax, VA
This sucks, my gun buying addiction is getting out of hand. I need more money. I will take donations.

Re: I have an addiction

Like my dearly departed father told me:

U want sympathy? Look in the dictionary, and U will find it between S--- and Syphillis.

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks, my gun buying addiction is getting out of hand. I need more money. I will take donations. </div></div>

And only 53 posts in. You are screwed.

Its like a drug addiction. That first one is the highest high you'll ever have. Next one you get will have to be bigger and better. You'll spend tens of thousands chasing that first high. I'm a recovering gun addict, IE I'm broke right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks, my gun buying addiction is getting out of hand. I need more money. I will take donations. </div></div>

And only <span style="font-weight: bold">53 posts</span> in. You are screwed.
</div></div>

And how many elsewhere?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you have no fucking idea </div></div>

Oh but I do.

Thank goodness it's only an addiction. I thought this was a disease. So, there is hope??

If you aren't selling your plasma yet to fund your next build, or buy a box of the latest LR bullets, you haven't hit bottom yet, give it time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ky 606</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank goodness it's only an addiction. I thought this was a disease. So, there is hope?? </div></div>

We tend to concentrate more on coping strategies.

http://www.storemoreguns.com/

my post # is low I know I like to read posts, I have been buying and selling for about 15 years and I can't STOP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you aren't selling your plasma yet to fund your next build, or buy a box of the latest LR bullets, you haven't hit bottom yet, give it time! </div></div>

wait, you can do that?! oh shit its on.

How many pints will get me an #8 jug of Varget?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ky 606</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank goodness it's only an addiction. I thought this was a disease. So, there is hope?? </div></div>

NO...there is no hope. You just learn to deal with what you got and move on. I'm working on my second wife, third house and fifth set of kids....but...I got guns.

No use to worry about it.
It'll get worse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello, my name is nly205, and I'm a gun buying addict. </div></div>

Oh man, I may as well start too. My name is remau308, and I also am a complete addict. However, I am not in that stage yet to want to quit...therefore I won't. But I will try....no I won't.

I thought I was bad, living on what ever scraps the kids leave around the house, to afford the new Super Sniper 5-20 scope in the group buy. Man it makes me feel better I am not alone. I knew it was bad when I was eyeing another safe, I already have two rather large ones, and running out of room.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello, my name is nly205, and I'm a gun buying addict. </div></div>

Oh man, I may as well start too. My name is remau308, and I also am a complete addict. However, I am not in that stage yet to want to quit...therefore I won't. But I will try....no I won't. </div></div>

But I dont have a good hunting rifle.. .This one is a NEED, not a want. . .no really, I promise, then I'm done.
Except for the .284 I want to build. Well, since I dont own a single LA rifle or a mag caliber rifle. . . .right? Everyone has to have at least one. Right?
Oh, and I dont own a good bolt .22LR either, everyone into Bolt rifle shooting NEEDS at least one, but after that Im done for real. . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Except for the .284 I want to build. Well, since I dont own a single LA rifle or a mag caliber rifle. . . .right? Everyone has to have at least one. Right? </div></div>
You cannot just have one you need them in pairs.

It's a multi step recovery process. The first step is to just keep telling yourself "I only need the guns I have plus one more"

This is great ..., I knew I was not the only one. I just need ONE more.

Am I the only one considering buying rifles by the case to get a better deal? :)

Hello, my name is Mr300 and I'm a gun fanatic.

You only need one more?? ME TOO! (at least that's what I said about 5 gun-buys ago)

the key is nipping it in the butt and every time you see a new gadget or gizmo say no... i dont need that my rifles fine. i have a friend who will take a hand me down bipod or entire gun and love that one rifle for ever. he dosent feel the need to modify it... hes just happy as is. if i could figure out how he does it then id be golden.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks, my gun buying addiction is getting out of hand. I need more money. I will take donations. </div></div>

Welcome to the club, it's a large club with many members. There is no cure for your illness, fortunately there are numerous support groups to help you through the tough times ahead. There will be many peaks and valleys, you know you're in a valley when you can walk through an entire gun show and not see a single thing you want to own.

safe2.jpg

safe4.jpg

safe6.jpg

Wow if your looking to downsize on any M1's or Springfield's Ill be more then willing to help, and they will look and work like new lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: N2DADARK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow if your looking to downsize on any M1's or Springfield's Ill be more then willing to help, and they will look and work like new lol. </div></div>

Sorry I am not looking to downsize, thanks for the offer though. The Springfields and Garands are some of my favorite rifles. I love to shoot vintage service rifle matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks, my gun buying addiction is getting out of hand. I need more money. I will take donations. </div></div>PAAHLEEEESS! I think all of us suffer from that. I have gone through all the phases of gun ownership by now I think. Kind of like I have come full circle and only have a few guns to my name! Sucks when you consider I had a lot more until the economy tanked and I had to sell most of them off to take care of the family and I. Now, I have a plan. I am in the process of slowly building it back up to a couple of good rimfires, centerfires, shotguns, and handguns. I think that even if I were rich, I could not get too big of a collection because I would be afraid of going through the pain of having to part with most of it again when some kind of financial problem came up. I don't want to own anymore than I can "bug-out" with, including the ammo for them. Just my thoughts.
wink.gif

My Dad and I have finally reached the point that we are buying .22 Ammo by the pallet , Powder by the Keg and any component order under 10K just seems like a waste of time .

I always wanted enough guns that I did not honestly know how many I really had. I am getting close I have it figured out to within five or so. I keep trying to buy guns I already have, thinking man it would be cool to have one of those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m151m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my post # is low I know I like to read posts, I have been buying and selling for about 15 years and I can't STOP. </div></div>

My heart stopped when I read this.

What is this....s s s s selling, you talk of?

168BTHPM- That's a nice collection of Mossberg 44's! How many is that?

well I just got news that my next gun will be on it's way to my house in another two weeks. And after I get that one all dialed in, I think I only need one more gun

I impulse bought one yesterday.

That makes my YTD ratio, 15:12

Little more than 1 a month...

I am in the "I won't buy a gun for a year" phase with my lovely new wife. With the caviat that I can buy one if it is a REALLY good deal. She didn't say anything about parts though, so the new AR upper is on the way. Maybe, I will get the new SS 5-20 after that, then maybe a new howa barreled action. After all that, maybe some parts for my 10/22. I like making deals with my wife that have loopholes. Being a gun whore is fun!

Two weeks before my wedding (next friday) my HK USC came in. I have an MP5 parts kit and flat I just gotta send out to get built.

I feel your pain brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">168BTHPM- That's a nice collection of Mossberg 44's! How many is that? </div></div>

Thank you. I am not sure how many I have, the last time I had them all out and counted them I had 37, most are US PROPERTY marked. I have been collecting them for about 25 years. I bought some of them from the CMP along the way too. I have several US marked that are factory drilled and tapped for the Mossberg scope mount, two that are threaded for Parker Hale supressors and have British proof marks, one with target scope blocks on it, 6 or 7 42M(b) and 4 144US.

Good news! My next one is on it's way. I have a FedEx tracking number and I've followed it through two stops so far. I wonder if she is on an airplane at 39,000 feet right now?....Is she cold or hungry? I hope not, poor baby.

It's a custom 6XC deal built by Mac Tilton... "Can't Wait!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news! My next one is on it's way. I have a FedEx tracking number and I've followed it through two stops so far. I wonder if she is on an airplane at 39,000 feet right now?....Is she cold or hungry? I hope not, poor baby.

It's a custom 6XC deal built by Mac Tilton... "Can't Wait!" </div></div>

Congrats! Mac is a first class guy, I have bought a number of guns from him.