• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have an itch for a new AR upper

MagnusBoner

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2017
My coworker recently decided to put together an AR. All the parts shopping rubbed off on me. I have thinking it is time for me to add something new to the mix. I have spent some time looking at the PSA premium uppers with the double thick chrome lined FN bbls. I have looked at 16", and 18" models. Of course, they are all currently all out of stock. Yesterday, I found this CMMG upper. Since I currently have only (2) ARs: a 16" mid. length CMMG pencil bbl non-free floated carbine, with a Burris AR-332 3x optic, and a 20" with a free floated White Oak fluted DMR bbl and a 4-14 Primary arms FFP scope. That got me thinking that a nice 18" SPR type rifle would fit right in the mix. I would look to put a Primary Arms 1-8x scope on it, and would run it on the lower that I run my DMR on. Does anyone have any experience with these CMMG med. con. 416 SS bbls or uppers? How do they shoot? Do the shoot sub MOA with common factory ammo; M193, M855, MK262, or the Hornady Frontier with the 75gr Match bullets? I would love to hear folks experiences, and maybe see some 5 shot groups.
Prost!
Magnus