• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have money and an idea, tell me what you think?

HVT Tyler

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
MN, USA
I have around $1300 and was wondering if this was a good choice to buy,(Based on my Research i think it is =)) and just wanted to see your guys opinions.

What i plan on buying is a BCM Midlength upper with the Larue 9 inch rail,BCM lower,BCM complete bolt carrier group and a BCM gunfighter charging handle. (so basicly a complete BCM with a 9 inch larue rail)

Re: I have money and an idea, tell me what you think?

If you were wanting to go with a 5.56 AR, I'd look at a RRA NM A2 for around $1000 and 300-500 rounds of quality ammo.

Seeing your post below, I will edit to add, this was my first AR and it's out of the box ready to drill targets. Get yourself some standard service rifle targets and you will be surprised at the number of Xs you can hit slung up prone at 600 with this and some 77gr. Then you can put together a nice SPR later on down the road and wonder why you used to be a better shooter when you used this one. Story of my very short time behind the trigger.

Destroy paper!!! and also im looking into competitons if i can find more info on that stuff. Mainly overall im just wanting a nice reliable Ar to shoot and have fun with

BCM is good stuff. Buy with confidence. That charging handle is the best IHMO. Only change, would get a Daniel Defense 9" lite rail. They are just as solid and a bit lighter.

I would go to ADCO firearms website and get one of their Mod 0 or Mod 1 uppers, they are around that price and come with top of the line parts.

First choice for sure but it depends what you want to do with it.

BCM makes quality parts also. I just bought one of their 16" bbls but have not got around to shooting it yet. I also order alot of parts from them also. Rainier Arms has nice uppers too and tons of parts for AR's.

Also think of just building one yourself. You could put together a real nice and accurate AR upper for that price and it will have all the parts YOU want on it.

The 4 AR's I have, I built every one of them and am currently building another. Addicting.

Try the full Larue upper. The 1:8 twist will eat anything you throw at it.