• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report I have my 100, 200, 300, & 600 dopes, but need 1K?

slimguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
Albq., NM
I've only reached out to 600 and have a chance to shoot 1K this weekend if I can get it on paper. Does anyone know how I can use my shorter dopes to fairly accurately hit paper at 1K for sight in (I'll tighten up once on paper)? I'm still relatively a NOOB so I was hoping I was just ignorant in this.

Thanks for any info.

Re: I have my 100, 200, 300, & 600 dopes, but need 1K?

Run your numbers via JBM and see how your short range drops coincide with the results JBM gives you.

If they're close out to 600, you should be fairly close at 1k.

Garbage in = garbage out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Run your numbers via JBM and see how your short range drops coincide with the results JBM gives you.

If they're close out to 600, you should be fairly close at 1k.

Garbage in = garbage out.</div></div>

Thanks, I'll try that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sig685</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have any idea what caliber you might be using?</div></div>

Sorry, late night posting. It's a .308 with a 24" barrel

Re: I have my 100, 200, 300, & 600 dopes, but need

If your using a 168 grain bullet.....I used 44 MOA up on my scope get center mass height on a man sized silhouette.....with a 100 yard zero....

Come up 20 MOA from 600 That should get you fairly close with out going over your target.......

JBM with G7 BC's and ur GTG.