• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I have narrowed my choices

Timl

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
Washington State
Ok, I appreciate everyone's earlier comments on my high end choices. I have decided to stick with 6.5 Creemoor for my rifle build and my two scope choices are (in no particular order):
1. Premier Heritage Tactical 5-25x56 Illuminated Gen 2 Mildot, FFP, Mil/rad turrets, double turn, CW rotation
2. S&B PMII 5-25x56 L/P, Illuminated P4 Fine, FFP, Mil/rad turrets, double turn, CW rotation

Has anyone had experience in both of these? Any thing look out of order with the specs on my turret selection? Is this too much scope for the 6.5CM and should I go down to 3-15x50 or 4-16x50?? The range I belong to is only 600 yards, but someday I would like to take a few long range tactical shooting courses. I appreciate everyones input over the last week. I did read a few articles on optics talk which was very helpful. I'm leaning toward the Premier as it seemed to rate a hair better than the S&B, but I doubt I would see a difference. I'm also going to post my rifle build over in the bolt rifle forum to see if my build choice looks good.
Tim

Re: I have narrowed my choices

I like Premier, but I personally like mil hash marks over mil dot. Something to also consider.

Personally, I would go with #1, but you may be better off with the Gen 2 XR reticle in it. I have 5-25x scopes with both reticles and think they both have pros/cons. The Gen 2 Mildot is thicker. This is great for lowlight, movers, etc., but the Gen 2 XR is probably preferred by most people (maybe not)in most situations, as it provides a finer aiming point.

I would also get CCW knobs, but that is just me.

I have two Premier 5-25 mine are both MOA. I really like the scopes. I have looked through a few S&B but do not own any so I can't comment.

I love my S&B and I would suggest looking at there H2CMR reticle. I think its way better then the P4F.