• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"I have never wanted anything other than SOCIAL JUSTICE for my country". Khmer Rouge mass murderer says at his trial...

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • "I have never wanted anything other than social justice for my country".
    -Khieu Samphan, one of the chief orchestrators of the Khmer Rouge's mass executions of "undesirables", including women, infants, and entire family lines connected to "undesirable" surnames"... From 1975 to 1979, the Khmer Rouge murdered no less than 2 million people. Most were shot or bayoneted and buried in mass graves. Others were tortured, raped to death, burned alive, and even cannibalized.

e9ece26ada48148eeb2330f854fe576c.jpg

CAMBODIA_GENOCIDE_TRIAL_266.jpg

ED-AL927_glovie_G_20100726172533.jpg

cambodia-killing-fields-08.jpg

cambodian-killing-fields-skulls-2.jpg

skulls+and+bones+in+well.jpg

If the government of the Soviet Union is comparable to a case of furious rabies, the Khmer Rouge would be the 1979 Zaire strain of the Ebola virus.

Khieu Samphan, 84, orchestrator of Khmer Rouge mass purge of civilian population and reign of terror claiming 2 million lives, given a life sentence at UN court.

Part-HKG-Hkg10192365-1-1-0.jpg

----------
    FEBRUARY 18, 2016
    One of the Khmer Rouge's top surviving leaders Wednesday challenged his life sentence for crimes against humanity and
    said he had only fought for "social justice" in Cambodia, in rare comments made to a UN-backed court.

The brutal regime's former head of state Khieu Samphan, 84, raised his voice to a chamber in Phnom Penh that will decide whether to accept an appeal on the guilty verdict handed down to him and another senior leader, 89-year-old Nuon Chea.

The men were convicted of committing crimes against humanity in 2014 for their pivotal role in the communist government that oversaw the deaths of up to two million Cambodians from 1975-1979 -- nearly one-quarter of the population.

"What I want to say today and what I want my countrymen to hear is that as an intellectual I have never wanted anything other than social justice for my country," Khieu Samphan told the court's seven judges on the final day of the appeal hearing.

"I shall shout loudly that I never wanted to agree to any policy that is against the Cambodian people," he said.

Nuon Chea, known as "Brother Number Two" to chief leader Pol Pot, did not exercise his right to make a statement.

Khieu Samphan and Nuon Chea were the first high-ranking leaders to be jailed from the Khmer Rouge regime, which ruthlessly dismantled Cambodia's modern society in pursuit of an agrarian Marxist utopia.

But their lawyers quickly appealed the ruling, accusing the court of a string of errors and the judges of failing to remain impartial due to their personal experiences under the regime.

The pair are also currently facing a second trial on charges of genocide for the killings of ethnic Vietnamese and Muslim minorities, as well as for their regime's use of forced marriage and rape.

An estimated 100,000 to 500,000 Cham Muslims and 20,000 Vietnamese were killed during the Khmer Rouge's brief but brutal reign.

The court, located on the outskirts of the capital, was set up in following an agreement between Cambodia and the United Nations to prosecute the Khmer Rouge leaders "most responsible" for the regime's crimes.

----------

Reactions: camocorvette
    The pair are also currently facing a second trial on charges of genocide for the killings of ethnic Vietnamese and Muslim minorities, as well as for their regime's use of forced marriage and rape.
    ----------
    As a followup on that, the second trial happened in 2018. Samphan was found guilty of genocide for the Vietnamese but was cleared of involvement in the genocide of the Muslims. Nuon Chea died in 2019, leaving Samphan as the only surviving member of the Khmer Rouge.

I don't know what he means by "social justice" but I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    As a followup on that, the second trial happened in 2018. Samphan was found guilty of genocide for the Vietnamese but was cleared of involvement in the genocide of the Muslims. Nuon Chea died in 2019, leaving Samphan as the only surviving member of the Khmer Rouge.

I don't know what he means by "social justice" but I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

That motherfucker's idea of "social justice" was picking up babies by their legs and dashing their brains out against trees. There are many trees in these killing fields that are now marked with placards indicating that they had been used for mass infanticide. I am surprised nobody pushed him and his fucking wheelchair down a flight of stairs yet at whatever facility his ass resides in just to vent some anger and listen to his fucking bones pop...

But their lawyers quickly appealed the ruling, accusing the court of a string of errors and the judges of failing to remain impartial due to their personal experiences under the regime

The lawyers need to read that again slowly and think about that. They are basically undermining their own arguments and admitting he's guilty of mass genocide. Carry out Blue sky's sentence.

However, this version of social justice and the one we hear here aren't too far from each other, one was just carried out. Pretty frightening to say the least.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    You can guess who supported these genocidal fucks from late 70's into the 90's.

You can guess who supported these genocidal fucks from late 70's into the 90's.

China supported the Khmer Rouge with money and materiel initially because they thought that Pol Pot had intended to create a new, nationalist Cambodia in order to keep Vietnam in check. That had been when the Viets got into it heavy with China in 1978 over a border dispute. In 1979, when the Viets went into Cambodia and toppled the Khmer, full blown war also exploded between Vietnam and China over the Guangxi border incident. China lost over 20,000 dead and it had been awfully embarrassing for the Deng Xiaoping regime, which had just taken power and forced to clean up that clusterfuck as well as the mess left behind by the Gang of Four in the wake of Mao Zedong's death. Even though China claimed victory in Vietnam due to the fact that the PLA expeditionary force had pierced southward to the suburbs of Ho Chi Minh City, the losses suffered during the brief campaign had been so high that the Chinese state media was forbidden from listing any casualty counts, and loved ones who had lost their family members in the army and were notified of the deaths were also told by the state bureaucrats to mention nothing about it to others.

Besides China and Thailand, US was also fully on board supporting Khmer particularly after the Vietnamese whooped Khmer asses. After CIA training got to politicaly uncomfortable Brits took over and SAS trained Khmer for years.

https://bennorton.com/wikileaks-us-khmer-rouge-support/
    https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/politics/2014/04/how-thatcher-gave-pol-pot-hand

''U.S. support for the Khmer Rouge guerrillas in the 1980s was "pivotal" to keeping the organization alive, and was in part motivated by revenge over Vietnam's defeat of the U.S. during the Vietnam War, according to Tom Fawthrop.[33] A WikiLeaks dump of 500,000 U.S. diplomatic cables from 1978 document shows that the administration of President Jimmy Carter was torn between revulsion at the atrocities of the Khmer Rouge and concern with the possibility of growing Vietnamese influence should the Khmer Rouge collapse.[34]

According to Michael Haas, despite publicly condemning the Khmer Rouge, the U.S. offered military support to the organization and was instrumental in preventing UN recognition of the Vietnam-aligned government.[36]
    US support for the Khmer Rouge continued right up until the peace plan in the 1990s that enabled the Khmer Rouge living on the Thai border to mainstream into the regular Cambodian military and police; a plan worked out by the then Australian foreign minister, Gareth Evans, but with the full support and approval of both the Bush (Sr) and Clinton administrations.''

To this end, the United Nations was abused by the powerful. Although the Khmer Rouge government (“Democratic Kampuchea”) had ceased to exist in January 1979, its representatives were allowed to continue occupying Cambodia’s seat at the UN; indeed, the US, China and Britain insisted on it. Meanwhile, a Security Council embargo on Cambodia compounded the suffering of a traumatised nation, while the Khmer Rouge in exile got almost everything it wanted. In 1981, President Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski, said: “I encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot.” The US, he added, “winked publicly” as China sent arms to the Khmer Rouge.

In fact, the US had been secretly funding Pol Pot in exile since January 1980. The extent of this support – $85m from 1980 to 1986 – was revealed in correspondence to a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. On the Thai border with Cambodia, the CIA and other intelligence agencies set up the Kampuchea Emergency Group, which ensured that humanitarian aid went to Khmer Rouge enclaves in the refugee camps and across the border. Two American aid workers, Linda Mason and Roger Brown, later wrote: “The US government insisted that the Khmer Rouge be fed . . . the US preferred that the Khmer Rouge operation benefit from the credibility of an internationally known relief operation.” Under American pressure, the World Food Programme handed over $12m in food to the Thai army to pass on to the Khmer Rouge; “20,000 to 40,000 Pol Pot guerillas benefited,” wrote Richard Holbrooke, the then US assistant secretary of state.

Last edited:
    Bombing their ass one decade, helping them another. Sounds about right.

Diversity, Social Justice, Equity, ... All means you've got to go.