• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have no patience...It gets better...

mcm308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
Bloomfield, NJ
I have zero patience and I hate waiting for shit! I have to say it! I just got a return phone call that blew a gasket! It buggs the chit outta me to have almost 7 g's layed out and not know when I'll see any of it...I shoulda found something outright... I need a new hobby ! ok, rant off for now...

Re: I have no patience and I have to ramble

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol waiting for EDM? </div></div>

negative

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scope? </div></div>

that's part of it...but that wasn't the phone call

I have to say the two week wait time for a Brux barrel was a prime factor in picking it. I do not have the patience to wait for months on end for parts and then months on end for a build. If I had to wait that long I would change my mind way to much.

Waiting is pretty hard. I'm currently having a rifle built and the estimated completion date on it is September-ish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norcal Phoenix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to say the two week wait time for a Brux barrel was a prime factor in picking it. I do not have the patience to wait for months on end for parts and then months on end for a build. If I had to wait that long I would change my mind way to much. </div></div>

I aquired and supplied all the parts and was quoted atleast 8-10 weeks to build by owner... only to find out 15 weeks later nothing is even touched yet and was told another 6-8 but won't know until it is started...

it was like getting kicked in the nuts...

I would have blown a gasket too. That's no way to practice business.

Been here and I have no patience myself and feel your pain that's why I have savage bolt guns and AR15's now I build them here on my bench with prefit barrels..

I have a on the way shilen 26" - Stainless Select Match - Small Shank - Bull - 308 - 10 Twist that was in stock and its a bolt on no waiting on the gunsmith $150.00 or less in tools ..and I did my first bed job a month back it was sweet to do it myself!

heck mcm308 I understand and am the same way...being exactly the same way.. I usually just buy used and within certain parmameters, and get the benefit of use as soon as the money is paid.
I cannot wait that long, would change my mind; would not feel like I was getting anything for my outlay..also I do save some money doing it that way..I can usually find whatever features I really want for the most part on a used weapon..
I may not ever pay for a delayed build date ... once I did so for a pistol and it went from four weeks to ten really easily due to a peice not being available then it being placed behind others in line.. etc.. I feel your pain, but once it is there it will be worth it.. it is just not worth it in the meantime.
dk

having to work sucks too but come payday , it's all worth it.. I know how that goes

I got my rifle the other day. Wait time,...12 weeks, and the builder...Pierce in Lansing MI, custom action, custom everything, the only parts he had to outsource, barrel (broughton, 4 weeks wait) and sako extractor, bolt body, and cocking spring, my smith dont wait for shit, he makes it all.

Whos building it? I would choke someone out.

My smith tells ya how long the wait is, and if it's going past that he calls and tells me and tells me why - and it's usually legit when he's doing a $5000 rifle or something.

But generally my smith will tell mewhen to bring it in, and it's almost always done when he says so..

It get's better... Phone rings today and it's the shop again.. I thought maybe good news this time around... It's the same person I talked to.. to update me on my build... I assume returning my original call and forgot he called me yesterday because that's how it sounded. He says .. "all the components are in"...I says that's good except I supplied and shipped all the components to you myself 3 months ago so the components have been sitting in the shop somewhere for the past 3 months...I think he was kind of dumbfounded and said well, there's about 20 guys ahead of you on the list, I said ...damn, he said well it's better than the 100 we had and we should get to it in about 4 weeks and once we start on it it only takes a couple weeks to finish so we should have it done maybe in 2 months...

Geez, it just dawned on me thinking about it...I am starting to wonder if they even know what is mine at this point

They used your parts on the first guys in line rifle that they were waiting on parts for, and the 2 months is expected time for replacements for yours
grin.gif

I would still like to know whos building it. Others deserve to know who will be giving them false lead times. You owe it the community.

hmmm... I'm not going to mention names yet. I'm debating what to do..

I sent emails to the proper person for an explanation.

If I am being an ass about this this whole thing please tell me. I need to know I'm doing the right thing here and I should feel the way I feel about it. I know specialty items can take a long time to do but...am I right here?

To me, you sound like a cry baby. Do you think you are the only one in line waiting for a rifle with a lot of money into it? If you are not satisfied, then pull your parts and go elsewhere.

I would not wait... It would kill me. Get your parts back and find another builder... Maybe one with better customer service, Or at least one that has better time estimates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me, you sound like a cry baby. Do you think you are the only one in line waiting for a rifle with a lot of money into it? If you are not satisfied, then pull your parts and go elsewhere. </div></div>

Bro, when your called and told "all your components are in" and you have to say.. that's nice, I shipped them to you 3 months ago..WTF would you think ??

I know everything is backed up and know the wait can be long but these businesses need to get their shit straight.

Edit: Sorry to say but the call I got today tells me it's a bullshit story that get's told to every caller and it happen to get told to the wrong person. I now need to know what is really going on with my parts !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To me, you sound like a cry baby. Do you think you are the only one in line waiting for a rifle with a lot of money into it? If you are not satisfied, then pull your parts and go elsewhere. </div></div>

Bro, when your called and told "all your components are in" and you have to say.. that's nice, I shipped them to you 3 months ago..WTF would you think ??

I know everything is backed up and know the wait can be long but these businesses need to get their shit straight</div></div>

I agree with MCM...i think they should start taking $50 off for every week they go over their estimated time of delivery. Maybe that would get you a better or more realistic time quote. Instead of saying "sure it will be done in 2 months" just to get your business.

Hope it works out for ya.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent emails to the proper person for an explanation.

If I am being an ass about this this whole thing please tell me. I need to know I'm doing the right thing here and I should feel the way I feel about it. I know specialty items can take a long time to do but...am I right here?
</div></div>

It all depends on what you were told in the beginning. Your original post says he told you 8-10 weeks. If I follow your timeline correctly, he is now telling you it should be done around 20 weeks... correct?

If that's the case, then I would be pissed too. Whether that kind of practice is standard for the industry or not right now, it's still bullshit. I understand that quoted lead times are made on a good faith basis, and they're not in stone... but when the quoted time more than doubles, something is wrong. If there was some extreme circumstance that caused such a delay, I would expect a phone call / e-mail with a full explanation, updated time line, and offer of refund / ship parts back if it wasn't agreeable. If I were you I would pull my parts and find another builder, even if it meant waiting longer in the end.

Also, I understand your reluctance to post the name, but I'm sure there's lots of folks reading this who would like to know. It may save someone else from the same headache...

Maybe the reason they are backed up is because they are a good company to have your rifle built by.I would be pissed too but i rather wait for a good rifle and be done.Waiting sucks, period, but when your waiting for something good it doesnt matter.All the major builders are backed up right now,be patient dude.where else are you gona have a spec built and know that it will be right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the reason they are backed up is because they are a good company to have your rifle built by.I would be pissed too but i rather wait for a good rifle and be done.Waiting sucks, period, but when your waiting for something good it doesnt matter.All the major builders are backed up right now,be patient dude.where else are you gona have a spec built and know that it will be right? </div></div>

I can deal with the wait.. I just wanted to rant a little but todays call sent me off the edge about the "components" ... I'm buggin' out about that. The dude called me twice no less and obviously didn't know what or who's build he was talking about.

all this could be solved in 2 words:
William Roscoe

the only problem with his work is it shows up so fast, the time for everything else to show up is the real pain

Just got a phone call...Everything is squared away... I'm at ease
laugh.gif

But I still like to rant about waiting for crap....LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcm308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got a phone call...Everything is squared away... I'm at ease
laugh.gif

But I still like to rant about waiting for crap....LOL </div></div>

That is FUNNY. SOmetimes it does feel better to just bitch a little to like minded people and get it off of your chest.

mcm308,
I would tell them to box up my parts and mail them back to me, and find another gunsmith.
There are alot of great small one man operations out there that will do you a great job,without the runaround. With you supplying the parts, the build time should be no more than 2 month turn around.
In that time they haven't even touched your rig. I would not give them anymore time. <span style="font-weight: bold">Cut your losses with them.</span>

Blue.. It's not that easy...

Jack...AMEN brother ! sometimes you just got to let it rip.

I waited almost a year and a half for my first 22-243 build. Had it about a week and discovered my "stainless" barrel was covered in rust. Smith claimed Shilen shipped him mismarked barrel. Called Shilen and they did not even know who the hell he was. So I have a stainless barrel now, but who knows who made it.

some types of stainless WILL rust and I think the 416 that most barrels are made of is one of them. I know for a fact 409 does and it rusts pretty good and will look nasty so I would think plain ole' 416 would do the same. When you get into the 304 types with less carbon content and higher nickel alloys.. or whatever they are, I forget.. those types do not rust. Usually when stainless has to get machined... a lower grade with high carbon is used for it's machinablility

I don't think you've over-reacting mcm308; at least not regarding the parts you purchased and supplied to them.

The wait is something you knew about before hand (or should have) and the recent events have only made that worse.

I'd DEMAND verification that the components you sent them are still unused and waiting to be applied to your build. If they can't provide that, I'd pull my $$$ and stuff ASAP.

I agree, MCM your not over reacting. 7G's and many months only to be told it'll be another couple months "hopefully". BS. I don't care what industry, that is just plain giving someone the run around. If its gonna take six months, they should say so and make it happen.
dgwelsh

Ya, I know some stainless will rust, but it also took cold blueing. None of my factory stainless would take cold blueing. Just the humidity from the swamp cooler rusted it in short order.

this is all a great waste of time without knowing who is tossin you off on the other end of the phone.

take a few days vacation,and do a little road trip to see him.airline tickets are cheap.you've got his name and where the shop is.you show up and you will get some answers.now get your move on.