• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have this old 22

jester5900

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2009
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have this old 22 that belonged to my Dad. It is made by Sears or had there name on it, can anyone tell me who made it and what it weorth? Says Sear Model 1 on it...

Re: I have this old 22

Sears and Robuck Co. did make weapons back in the day. I've seen a few shotguns with Sears and Robuck stamed into them. What there worth I havn't the slightest idea.

Years ago if you ordered enough guns you could get your name put on them. Sears used to carry JC Higgins models and later Ted Williams models. Herters had there own brand.
Winchester made a lot of these guns
For What Its Worth
larryj

Thanks Reginmund, found out it was made by winchester. Same as model 121. Thanks for all the help guys!!

You're welcome joker59. Many Sears rifle were also Savage/Stevens/Springfield. My Stevens 87A actually is a "Sears" rifle, although it says both Sears on the barrel and Stevens. I really haven't started researching it yet but I have plenty of places to look...lol Glad you were able to find out more about your rifle!

There were many "Store Brand" guns. These were made by various manufactures for the stores like Sears, Montgomery Wards, Western Auto, Gambles and Coast to Coast. They have there own catalog number and codes on them. You can find cross references in "The Blue Book of Gun Values" or on e-gunparts web site.