• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I just bought a Unertl scope

Broadsword

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2003
Grovetown Georgia
I saw this scope sitting in the case at my local gun shop. I have an in store credit with them so I went ahead and picked it up. Anyone know anything about it?
It's marked J. Unertl 4X Hawk
Thanks,
Broadsword

Re: I just bought a Unertl scope

Unertl's are junk sell it to me.
smile.gif

The Hawk was a 4X hunting scope manufactured by Unertl between 1950-1980. It was a fine scope in its day, but it's been surpassed by modern scopes and today it's valued more by collectors than field users. Probably worth between $100 - $225.

Some specs -
Magnification 4X
Field of view 34.0 ft. @ 100 yds.
Luminosity 64
Eye relief 4.0 in.
Length 11.75 in.
Weight 8.4 oz.
Tube dia. 1 in.

Unertl also made a 6X version named Condor and 8X & 10X versions that they named the Vulture.

Thanks for the intel. I picked it up just because of the name. Not sure what I'll do with it. It might look good sitting on an old Mauser or 1903A3.
Broadsword

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broadsword</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the intel. I picked it up just because of the name. Not sure what I'll do with it. It might look good sitting on an old Mauser or 1903A3.
Broadsword </div></div>

Perfect application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unertl's are junk sell it to me.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Make me an offer. I feel as though I rescued it more so than picked up something I needed.
Broadsword

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put it on a M40A1!
grin.gif
</div></div>

wrong unertl, lol.

i'd throw it on the 03 or mauser, i have vintage scopes on some of my vintage rifles and i think it is the perfect match of function and nostalgia.