• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories I just got scammed by STRSAM

evilmonki3

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2013
Milpitas
So this guy post an ad yesterday about the Dbal A3 for sale.
I sent him an offer of 950, talked to him, he said he ok with 950 if I sent payment by zelle right away that night. I asked for his number, he said his number got problem, then provided me his zelle’s email.
I checked his profile, he got 100% rating and member since 2008, so I wouldn’t be hesitated at all. However, after sent 950, my bank said they need additional review. I asked him, the guy said he got somethiing wrong with his zelle, he will send me the refund, then asked if I can send again to his friend’s zelle. But I said let wait until the morning and see what going on.
When I woke up, 950 already taken from my bank. Talked to him again and thing getting suspicious. Ask him what’s happened then he went quiet, no response.
He already block me from seeing his profile, also he deleted his ad.
Talked to Chase this morning, but they said chance to get my money back is not guaranteed.
What concerned me is his profile has 100% rating and he’s like senior of the forum with lot of posts and feedbacks.
Just can’t believe I got scammed by 100% rating member.
Just be careful guys.
I also included the conversation between me and him so you guys can judge.

Attachments

• 945ECB05-887D-4DFB-B728-3491F66C5D40.png
    945ECB05-887D-4DFB-B728-3491F66C5D40.png
    1 MB · Views: 437
  • 59697524-A922-4209-A229-FF8004DD96CE.png
    59697524-A922-4209-A229-FF8004DD96CE.png
    1 MB · Views: 426
  • 337BFC14-3AC4-413D-B661-7ED3AE581F9F.png
    337BFC14-3AC4-413D-B661-7ED3AE581F9F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 370
  • A1DE51DF-7AC0-4820-867C-3F8D991B0345.png
    A1DE51DF-7AC0-4820-867C-3F8D991B0345.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 351
  • 4AA7B271-2966-4D06-B6E9-575D09EBF446.png
    4AA7B271-2966-4D06-B6E9-575D09EBF446.png
    1 MB · Views: 346
  • 4735C374-B1B5-4AA5-9E15-6A0AE8B8AE58.png
    4735C374-B1B5-4AA5-9E15-6A0AE8B8AE58.png
    1 MB · Views: 331
  • 253E8659-8D1F-44EA-8892-98560C8CF116.png
    253E8659-8D1F-44EA-8892-98560C8CF116.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 318
  • 6519326F-7C1D-416F-90D3-F529F53F9AA4.jpeg
    6519326F-7C1D-416F-90D3-F529F53F9AA4.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 1C4ECF8C-A5BE-4209-B715-55B4C764B7C6.png
    1C4ECF8C-A5BE-4209-B715-55B4C764B7C6.png
    658.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 9F82CEEC-7A25-4B7D-8129-382A63A10DC3.png
    9F82CEEC-7A25-4B7D-8129-382A63A10DC3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
  • B9EFCD29-DF95-4D15-ABA4-77CAFE9D0398.png
    B9EFCD29-DF95-4D15-ABA4-77CAFE9D0398.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 263
  • 20DDE877-7597-457A-B9A3-C10487E72B22.png
    20DDE877-7597-457A-B9A3-C10487E72B22.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • B50AF448-F010-410D-A6D8-6F60AC2CD4A5.jpeg
    B50AF448-F010-410D-A6D8-6F60AC2CD4A5.jpeg
    319.2 KB · Views: 420
So this guy post an ad yesterday about the Dbal A3 for sale.
I sent him an offer of 950, talked to him, he said he ok with 950 if I sent payment by zelle right away that night. I asked for his number, he said his number got problem, then provided me his zelle’s email.
I checked his profile, he got 100% rating and member since 2008, so I wouldn’t be hesitated at all. However, after sent 950, my bank said they need additional review. I asked him, the guy said he got somethiing wrong with his zelle, he will send me the refund, then asked if I can send again to his friend’s zelle. But I said let wait until the morning and see what going on.
When I woke up, 950 already taken from my bank. Talked to him again and thing getting suspicious. Ask him what’s happened then he went quiet, no response.
He already block me from seeing his profile, also he deleted his ad.
Talked to Chase this morning, but they said chance to get my money back is not guaranteed.
What concerned me is his profile has 100% rating and he’s like senior of the forum with lot of posts and feedbacks.
Just can’t believe I got scammed by 100% rating member.
Just be careful guys.
I also included the conversation between me and him so you guys can judge.
Did you hit the report button?

So he got hacked, then guess there nothing I can do. Don’t know who gonna be next victims if someone’s account got hacked in this forum.

On his post, look at every post in here there is a report button lower left corner

Not speaking to him on the phone is a HUGE red flag. I won't do business with someone unless they talk on the phone with me when I ask.

Last month I thought that I had a great deal on an item, saving 50% off new. When it came time to talk on the phone, he said that he was too busy. I stopped the deal right there and 24 hours later, someone must have reported him for scamming because he was banned from the website.

Not speaking to him on the phone is a HUGE red flag. I won't do business with someone unless they talk on the phone with me when I ask.

Last month I thought that I had a great deal on an item, saving 50% off new. When it came time to talk on the phone, he said that he was too busy. I stopped the deal right there and 24 hours later, someone must have reported him for scamming because he was banned from the website.

Lesson learned bro, I was careless because his profile got 100% rating, and he a senior member of the group.

He almost got me today for a sphur mount. I'm thinking it's the same guy that hacked monk last week.

I had reported him

I started to play with him till he got pissed and blocked me first.

He almost got me too! I actually sent money as G&S by accident and he refunded it. I went back through and started seeing weird grammar. Told him I wanted a phone call and he didn’t respond.

Attachments

• B8E1F966-39E3-4F85-B651-3407995C2D38.png
    B8E1F966-39E3-4F85-B651-3407995C2D38.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • 61D1FBBF-C871-48A5-A67C-AC2DD35C702D.png
    61D1FBBF-C871-48A5-A67C-AC2DD35C702D.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
Reactions: MarshallDodge

That’s how I dodged this as well. Wouldn’t get on the phone.

Reactions: brettb614
sucks man. but dudes grammar is terrible and not wanting to speak to you on the phone. i would have let him move on to the next one like he says. on expensive purchases ill make the seller video call with me just so i can see them handling the item i want to buy.

Yea the hackers have gotten bad lately, makes it nearly impossible to trust anyone on here any longer.

I already gladly pay for the site and I was under the impression that you had to be a paying member in order to list things for sale but obviously that’s not the case as I see many listings from non supporters.

I’d be in full support of making the site completely private to post/list at this point in order to avoid some of this. That said, short of two step verification, it won’t stop the hackers.

• Haha
Reactions: SniperBro
sucks man. but dudes grammar is terrible and not wanting to speak to you on the phone. i would have let him move on to the next one like he says. on expensive purchases ill make the seller video call with me just so i can see them handling the item i want to buy.

Yea bro, because English is my second language as well so I didn’t pay much attention, at that time I was thinking how it possibly an good rate member in group would scam anyone, but I didn’t think about his account got hacked. Well, lesson learned, at worst.

I'm starting to understand Frank's frustration with this nonsense. I get tired of seeing two, three, four of these posts every single day. Especially when the OP's continue not to report the hacked accounts, which admittedly happened again in this case. If this was a new thing maybe I could understand, but it seems like we go over this daily and countless members seem not to grasp the simple concept. So I don't blame him for dropping the banhammer on the posters from here on out.

Man you got really fucked, always....always... ask for a phone number first and call them, especially if they are under 10 transactions, this place is rife with Nigerian Princes. Hey Milpitas.... ok...

Here is how you deal with these dirtbags.

Reactions: evilmonki3
How are these people getting hacked? How does the hacker know that the phone or a computer they got access to has an account here and good standing? How do they know what to post? Lot of questions about this hacking stuff that just doesn't make sense from a common sense standpoint.

The only thing that would make sense is if they already know about this site and people are using passwords like 12345678 and posting their email. If that is the case, and maybe they should force two-factor logins.

Or are we talking what the young kids call as hacked, when their girlfriend gets access to their phone?

Last edited:
My opinion is email hacked. They know your email password, then access to snipershide forum, click on ‘forgot password’ then they send the reset password to the email.

How are these people getting hacked? How does the hacker know that the phone or a computer they got access to has an account here and good standing? How do they know what to post? Lot of questions about this hacking stuff that just doesn't make sense from a common sense standpoint.

The only thing that would make sense is if they already know about this site and people are using passwords like 12345678 and posting their email. If that is the case, and maybe they should force two-factor logins.

Last edited:
Yea the hackers have gotten bad lately, makes it nearly impossible to trust anyone on here any longer.

I keep suggesting to folks that they demand a video chat with the seller or buyer showing the item or no sale.

But folks keep wanting to throw up FUDD excuses about can't do modern tech or some such B.S.

Again, a demand for a video chat or no money would have solved the problem.

My opinion is email hacked. They know your email password, then access to snipershide forum, click on ‘forgot password’ then they send the reset password to the email.

You
And they just know about the hide? And they know to post fake pictures of rare items and what to charge, ect. How would they know the email they hacked was a person that was on the hide. With good feedback. That's been here for years. Before they take the time to bother with the email. The odds are slim to none.

I keep suggesting to folks that they demand a video chat with the seller or buyer showing the item or no sale.

But folks keep wanting to throw up FUDD excuses about can't do modern tech or some such B.S.

I haven’t been scammed on here but I also follow suggestions provided here in this thread and I listen to my gut instincts as well. Regardless of what some here seem to think about the entire situation, it’s still disheartening and frustrating to see this becoming ever more common.

And they just know about the hide? And they know to post fake pictures of rare items and what to charge, ect. How would they know the email they hacked was a person that was on the hide. With good feedback. That's been here for years. Before they take the time to bother with the email. The odds are slim to none.
Yeah, pretty easy to imagine where the data is being collected.

I'm starting to understand Frank's frustration with this nonsense. I get tired of seeing two, three, four of these posts every single day. Especially when the OP's continue not to report the hacked accounts, which admittedly happened again in this case. If this was a new thing maybe I could understand, but it seems like we go over this daily and countless members seem not to grasp the simple concept. So I don't blame him for dropping the banhammer on the posters from here on out.
Right, except we have seen this crap happening time and time again. This hacked account situation is relatively new, maybe 2 years tops.. I remember the first time I saw this happen, I couldn’t believe it. Before that, feedback was all you needed to pay attention to. I guess point I’m trying to make is this is still new to some people, and maybe navigating the site isn’t totally obvious to them.

I reported to Chase, but they said they not guarantee anything, so technically my money gone, just finger crossing right now.

All the while some POS just stole $950. I realize this is rampant, but are they just able to get away scot-free?

Lesson learned bro, I was careless because his profile got 100% rating, and he a senior member of the group.
That sucks I always look at reviews too
I wonder how people are getting hacked here of all places this is small market in scale to other online markets

Definitely doing it in my boxers and playing with my belly button during the chat.