• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I knew ammo prices were high but

You are arguing against logic and known issues.

Stop trying to use mental gymnastics and create some moon bat conspiracy when we know exactly what the issues are.

Every fucking ammo plant in the world is having the same issues. You must be smarter than all of them them combined.

And what your retarded fucking small brain ass hasn't realized is while capacity has expanded, so has consumption. We have more guns and more shooters shooting more ammo with the proliferation of cheap AR15's and semi auto guns. Industry has already stated based on research and surveying, 8 million new gun owners in the last year alone and that's months old data. Number is probably north of 10 or 12 by now, and they all are trying to buy ammo to go with their new guns.

Go take a look at the machinery being used, it is decades old. Hell barrel makers are still using machines from the 40's. Gun industrial machinery is very expensive and very limited production and its not like getting a new CNC every 5 years when they wear out. Same goes for Ammo plant. Its not something that is easily scalable and the cost takes a long time to recover.

Ammunition is not cheap, people buy what they need and then go buy more. Very few people have large stockpiles as its cost prohibitive for the vast majority of people.

You just want to argue for the sake of arguing and have brought nothing to this thread other than bullshit. If you had an IQ over 80, you would be able to put all these pieces together and see its a systemic issue.

Please tell us what you do for a living so we have some relevance. Tell us about the insight you have that refutes what everyone in the industry already knows.

So you saying there is a world wide ammo and component supply problem?

Sure since apparently the market can't adapt and people are just dumb for not meeting under-supply, start a ammo plant.

Thats why there are so many small boutque ammo makers and they don't go out of business every other year like we have seen. Its such a gold mine go for it.

buncha testy fuckers up in here of late. so testy, they can’t recognize a joke when they see it. cause i’m really going to quit my job and live off my dillon.

Reactions: OldSalty2
50 Beowulf directly from Alexander arms is still cheap. Well, as cheap as 50B ammo can be. Now I don't know how long it will take for you to get it. They haven't been the most reliable company to buy ammo from in the past.

buncha testy fuckers up in here of late. so testy, they can’t recognize a joke when they see it. cause i’m really going to quit my job and live off my dillon.

Lol, depending on what you have, you might at minimum be able to supplement your income pretty significantly.

Sure since apparently the market can't adapt and people are just dumb for not meeting under-supply, start a ammo plant.

Thats why there are so many small boutque ammo makers and they don't go out of business every other year like we have seen. Its such a gold mine go for it.
Small scale Mfg’ering of ammo is a real gold mine.

Reactions: myronman3
Lol, depending on what you have, you might at minimum be able to supplement your income pretty significantly.

I've known a few folks who tried to sell reloaded ammo and new ammo. It would seem the insurance for your product is very expensive. Volume is the only way to be able to afford the insurance.

I've known a few folks who tried to sell reloaded ammo and new ammo. It would seem the insurance for your product is very expensive. Volume is the only way to be able to afford the insurance.

Then there are those who reload and sell it without going through the proper steps and when they blow up someones gun or kill them, they will get the full force of the Govs boot up their ass.

Its no different than being an unlicensed contractor or selling farm gas for road use. Eventually it will catch up and you will pay the price.

Oh, you load commercially also?

No but the President of our gun club and a good friend did for years. He sold at gun shows when they were really gun shows. He sold new and reloaded ammo. He finally got out of it due to the rising cost of his liability insurance. I also have a cousin who sold reloaded ammo. He started out without insurance and was doing well. Realizing he was putting his family welfare at stake, he wanted to get the liability insurance and realized it wasn't worth the trouble. He reloads for friends and family, but not commercially.

Then there are those who reload and sell it without going through the proper steps and when they blow up someones gun or kill them, they will get the full force of the Govs boot up their ass.

Its no different than being an unlicensed contractor or selling farm gas for road use. Eventually it will catch up and you will pay the price.
I'm licensed and insured. Most people have no clue of the cost, time, effort and small margins involved. Wait until you add employees, then the fun REALLY gets started! NOT.

I'm licensed and insured. Most people have no clue of the cost, time, effort and small margins involved. Wait until you add employees, then the fun REALLY gets started! NOT.
I am in full agreement. Just pointing out most don't understand the costs involved and think its some guy running a Dillon 1050 out of his garage raking in the dough. They have no idea the costs to run these types of businesses.

The same people would be calling for your head when their gun blows up.

I am in full agreement. Just pointing out most don't understand the costs involved and think its some guy running a Dillon 1050 out of his garage raking in the dough.

I agree with you, took no offense / intended no offense and was just adding supporting comment to what you had posted.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
Not after you pay for the liability insurance for your product.

How much is it? A LGS/range not far from where I live was selling 9MM by the pound for pretty cheap a couple years ago.

Not exactly sure where it was coming from, other than it was in giant wooden barrels with scoopers haha...

They had .223 as well...sold a shit ton of it, even back then.

Still locked down, eased up a little bit but more restrictive than any bordering states.

I am in full agreement. Just pointing out most don't understand the costs involved and think its some guy running a Dillon 1050 out of his garage raking in the dough. They have no idea the costs to run these types of businesses.

No, thats not what people are saying. You are conflating...

So tell me again, is the ammo/component shortage world wide as you alluded to in a previous post?

Still locked down, eased up a little bit but more restrictive than any bordering states.
That sucks. I go to Verdin once in a while. Nobody's wearing a mask. Nothing good said about the governor either.

now seriously.....not that i would ever...but when the fuck was the last time someone loaded ammo, sold it, blew someone’s gun up, killed them, then was sued? let’s quit fronting and get fucking real.

this shit smacks of the same dogshit you hear about using handloaded ammo in self defense and how you’ll go to prison over it. massad ayoob bullshit at it’s finest; and motherfuckers hear or read it, and CAN’T WAIT to run somewhere and spew it themselves.

even if i could turn 400 for 50 rounds of 357, i wouldnt. i dont want to turn something i love into something i dont. i wouldnt want to use what little i have to turn a buck. and i think if a person was going to do it, they should do it correctly....and skipping the insurance and other requirements aint the way to go.

Reactions: OldSalty2
now seriously.....not that i would ever...but when the fuck was the last time someone loaded ammo, sold it, blew someone’s gun up, killed them, then was sued? let’s quit fronting and get fucking real.

this shit smacks of the same dogshit you hear about using handloaded ammo in self defense and how you’ll go to prison over it. massad ayoob bullshit at it’s finest; and motherfuckers hear or read it, and CAN’T WAIT to run somewhere and spew it themselves.

even if i could turn 400 for 50 rounds of 357, i wouldnt. i dont want to turn something i love into something i dont. i wouldnt want to use what little i have to turn a buck. and i think if a person was going to do it, they should do it correctly....and skipping the insurance and other requirements aint the way to go.
At a minimum if you get caught you will get hit with a variety of Federal and most likely state charges.

Operating a regulated business without an FFL
Operating an ammunition business without License in violation of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40
Violation of Section 4181, Title 26, United States Code which required Federal Excise Tax to be remitted.
Depending on quantity, violation of Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) administered by DHS
Chances are your location is not zoned or permitted for ammunition manufacturing.

which means:

Felony
Felony
Felony
Felony
Could lose your property via lien

And that is just off the top of my head.

It also means you are afforded no protection from The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) as you can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible.

So yes, if you do something this dumb and it results in injury you will be held both criminally and civility Liable. You will have zero protection and at best will be financially ruined.

That is why people with actual assets and 2 fucking brain cells to rub together would not do something so colossally stupid. Conversely, those with a low IQ and nothing to lose probably think its no big deal.

I am sure @FCS could elaborate better what the risks are on running an unlicensed ammo manufacturing business are.

At a minimum if you get caught you will get hit with a variety of Federal and most likely state charges.

Operating a regulated business without an FFL
Operating an ammunition business without License in violation of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40
Violation of Section 4181, Title 26, United States Code which required Federal Excise Tax to be remitted.
Depending on quantity, violation of Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) administered by DHS
Chances are your location is not zoned or permitted for ammunition manufacturing.

which means:

Felony
Felony
Felony
Felony
Could lose your property via lien

And that is just off the top of my head.

It also means you are afforded no protection from The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) as you can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible.

So yes, if you do something this dumb and it results in injury you will be held both criminally and civility Liable. You will have zero protection and at best will be financially ruined.

That is why people with actual assets and 2 fucking brain cells to rub together would not do something so colossally stupid. Conversely, those with a low IQ and nothing to lose probably think its no big deal.

I am sure @FCS could elaborate better what the risks are on running an unlicensed ammo manufacturing business are.

Dude, no one is saying to run illegal ammo businesses, at least outside of tounge-in-cheek, sarcastic comments.

I mean hey all the anmo plants world wide are running at capacity...doing all they can. It is what it is. They say it is so.

Aside from that, discussion on the health of the ammo market, and what prohibits true competition in the market.

Concepts you seem to just gloss over, despite the fact you make valid points... about the cost prohibitive nature of expanding capacity or the market enabling increased competition.

Egads!

Reactions: myronman3

There was a small company in North Carolina I believe. They sold a ton of their ammo up and down the east coast. I don't know the extent of the liability lawsuit, but he shut down after that. Either he wasn't able to get insurance after the lawsuit, or he went broke. It was a red, white and blue box. I can't remember the name.

I loved their handgun ammo.

If anyone can advise on mailing ammo. please let me know. Fedex informed me as of December 31 that they no longer need the ORM-D labels, but instead a "limited quantity sticker". And about that quantity? 48 rounds.
What! 48 rounds? Elaborate please.

Fuck all of them with a bag of Dicks...a big bag. I jsut ordered 2 cases of the Hornady for $220 per case. Of course I was buying it back last march for $00.70 per round.

Qty OrderQty ShipItemPriceExt Amt224C65CS140H-200 Creedmoor 6.5 140gr Hornady Bullet BTHP 200rd case$220.00$440.00
wow....cheapest I've ordered 6.5 for the last 3 months was 1.67/rd. But refuse to go over 1.75!!!!!! And I've only done that to top up my wasted ammo with one of my 6.5's that isn't behaving!

A few more retailers that I will not buy from today, tomorrow, or in this life or the next. I shoot spit balls first.

Love the ExAmmo $6/round listing....(n)

View attachment 7535296

What was that you were saying about 6.5 Creedmoor prices being too high because it seems to me that the ammo sold (it's completely gone) then the prices weren't too high they were fair market value or maybe even lower. Welcome to 2021!

Screenshot_20210123-214402_Samsung Internet.jpg

What was that you were saying about 6.5 Creedmoor prices being too high because it seems to me that the ammo sold (it's completely gone) then the prices weren't too high
People jump off of bridges too....

Reactions: Maggot
If you're going high dollar on this gun, why not roll your own ammo?
Possibly because he doesn't have needed equipment, needed components?
Loading isn't "hard" but I've also seen plenty of people make a royal mess of it too.

If you're going high dollar on this gun, why not roll your own ammo?
I will be. I just figured out my barrel is $1k. The only thing I don't hand load is issued MK262, M118LR, and rim fire. I have a better copy of 262, working up better 118.

A year might be an over statement. I need to order the blank from Bartlein then get it turned. I need dies, a better bolt (tightened firing pin hole). Then 6.5 dies and components. At least bullets.

Maybe he said 48 pounds?
99.9+% sure limit is 63 lbs, same as it has been for a long time.
Honestly, that might be it. I'm calling back tomorrow. I know I heard "48" with "limited quantity sticker"...