• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I lost a bit of faith in Humanity today.

demolitionman

Send’r Bud
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Midwest
I live on a two lane rural road that’s marked 45mph, yet gets a fair amount of traffic. I pasted two legit FOR SALE signs one on each side of a canoe with my phone number and a really fair price for a great condition OldTown Guide canoe. So sits the canoe, off the edge of my drive, near the road.

I commence to clearing trees in a dense part of my side yard and talked to 3 nice people interested but no takers.....I see cars pull in from where I’m cleaning up brush about 50 yards away but nobody notices me until I walk out of the woods. Some pull in and pull out, some take pictures, and some pick the damn thing up and try to put it in their truck for sale signs and all. First dude pulls in does the 360 degree head look and twist, picks it up puts it in his bed and I come out of the woods full on F’bombing him asking if he seen the two for sale signs taped to the canoe and the price of 200$??? He says “ohhh man I really didnt notice them I thought u had it out for the trash”...... I yank the boat out of his truck and he leaves. An hour later another pickup pulls in, same damn situation but this time when I come out to talk to him he sees me and jumps in his truck and hammers out of my drive my canoe sitting on middle of driveway. Jesus guys, I figured I’d be able to clear brush and run my saws close enough that I didn’t have to chain the canoe to a tree but nope too many POS’s out there these days. Shaking my head.

People are stupid as a sack of hammers these days. Had an old igloo cooler that rode in the back of the truck for way too long. Anyways the lid corners rolled up a little bit so i put it out for trash. Day and a half later its still there when a buddy comes by and has a for sale sign he taped to it. Gone in 20 minutes!! Then the bastard buddy tells me i owe him a buck for the sign. Fuckin cocktasters i tell ya

People are stupid as a sack of hammers these days. Had an old igloo cooler that rode in the back of the truck for way too long. Anyways the lid corners rolled up a little bit so i put it out for trash. Day and a half later its still there when a buddy comes by and has a for sale sign he taped to it. Gone in 20 minutes!! Then the bastard buddy tells me i owe him a buck for the sign. Fuckin cocktasters i tell ya
That’s awesome in a real fucked up kind of way lmao.

Reactions: Frankly and 1J04
I’m sorry to hear about your troubles and share your disappointment in humanity.
Thanks Jf. I’m never trying to sell anything off the end of my drive again. I’ll take a raging hit to the wallet and sell to my buddies for stupid cheap before I do that again.

A good old fashioned ass kicking has a way of bringing out the future honesty in some jackasses.
Not that they will be miraculously changed but more remember the pain from their stupidity.
I surprised myself with the smooth constant flow of raging profanity and degrading adjectives being spouted out of my mouth as this guy is trying to get back in his nearly brand new Dodge Ram pickup.....it’s not like me to have to use language like that. I don’t remember the last time I spoke like that. Guess I’m glad I still got it in me.

Lol, related to this, I had an old Rockwell/Delta table saw that had an integral motor, making it near unrepairable when the motor died. It had a good steel table, so I put it at the side of the road with a "free" sign on it. Two days later, I put a "for sale" sign on it and it was gone within two hours.

People....

put another out there and wait in the hide.

Considered that but for neighbors allowing their dogs up on my front yard grass to take a dump? paint ball gun was awfully tempting amigo???? I would never allow my dogs on the yard period, let alone do their naturals! Open door garage ended with some kids stealing shit in broad daylight.?

I think Houston is the worst place I have ever lived, I've had everything from a dirty pair of work boots, kids toys and even my truck stolen while living there.
Some of the damn hood rats and delinquent shitheads around their would steal a pair of soiled underwear off a dead bum.

Could have used that opportunity to hide in the brush and practice your targeting skills on moving targets with a paintball gun. ;)

Reactions: Bender
the middle east doesnt get much right..........but they nailed it with the whole chopping the hands of thieves...

people who steal are the lowest of the low...

I live on a two lane rural road that’s marked 45mph, yet gets a fair amount of traffic. I pasted two legit FOR SALE signs one on each side of a canoe with my phone number and a really fair price for a great condition OldTown Guide canoe. So sits the canoe, off the edge of my drive, near the road.

I commence to clearing trees in a dense part of my side yard and talked to 3 nice people interested but no takers.....I see cars pull in from where I’m cleaning up brush about 50 yards away but nobody notices me until I walk out of the woods. Some pull in and pull out, some take pictures, and some pick the damn thing up and try to put it in their truck for sale signs and all. First dude pulls in does the 360 degree head look and twist, picks it up puts it in his bed and I come out of the woods full on F’bombing him asking if he seen the two for sale signs taped to the canoe and the price of 200$??? He says “ohhh man I really didnt notice them I thought u had it out for the trash”...... I yank the boat out of his truck and he leaves. An hour later another pickup pulls in, same damn situation but this time when I come out to talk to him he sees me and jumps in his truck and hammers out of my drive my canoe sitting on middle of driveway. Jesus guys, I figured I’d be able to clear brush and run my saws close enough that I didn’t have to chain the canoe to a tree but nope too many POS’s out there these days. Shaking my head.
Where do you live

Lotta methheads and heroin junkies in rural America. I have a bunch of apple trees near the road when pruning them I need to put my ladder away every night.

It is big aggravation that we have to deal with such people. Then I consider what it must be like to be a parent or a sibling of such a person and I count my lucky stars, while putting my ladder away for the night.

the middle east doesnt get much right..........but they nailed it with the whole chopping the hands of thieves...

people who steal are the lowest of the low...
Funny you bring this up. One of the two guys who tried to steal it was definently a sandbox transplant. Not many of them around here.

Reactions: Barneybdb
My dad left our garage door open when we were younger. Moved to a new house and continued to do the same. Started to notice things were missing and he decided to do something. He waited in a dark corner one evening and waited for the scum to show up. Once they saw the door open they walked in and started to rummage through the tools and cars. Well.....dad was there and got the garage door to fall shut quick and trapped the two bastards inside.

After a good ass beating he opened the door and let the bloodied and crying theives leave. About an hour later the parents showed up accusing my dad of assaulting their kids, both were 17 at the time. Needless to say after showing them the security cameras and the parents finding the stolen tools....the parents said thanks and left.

Sometimes a good ass kicking is all people need

That is funny as hell, loved the shit spray and face plants and nut busters on the bikes! Need more setups like that.

My uncle loaded up a peters paper wrap with rock salt and some dried beans and hid in the hay to light up a shithead steeling from the barn. I did similar from the yard after some asshole got dropped off then picked back up near the barn. I used 7.5 or 8. Today the sob would probably try to sue.... then I might consider making it more permanent...

This reminded me of a story from years ago. My friend Brian was driving on the Pulaski Skyway in NJ in bumper to bumper traffic in his Land Rover, and he had to take a shit, really bad. His only option as he saw fit, was a leather bag that came with the Land Rover in the back seat. He grabbed the bag, dropped a nasty bomb in it, zipped it up, and dropped it out of the car on the shoulder. As he was driving away, still in dead stop traffic, he looked in his rearview, and saw some guy get out of his car and went over to the bag. He picked it up, unzipped it, opened it with his face right near it, and fucking dropped it as his head went back like he just got punched in the face with a waft of funk. He said he almost shit himself again from laughing.

HEpVyWM.png

Reactions: Frankly and Mwalex
Damn man, I think you're a ways from me (South AL) but otherwise I'd buy it off ya. That's a sweet price on a 14' canoe.

Reactions: demolitionman
The silver lining is two gentlemen called me about a different boat I had out front in same spot as the trouble canoe earlier that day. They Said they wanted the boat, and would bring me cash the next evening. I gave them a time and they were prompt with new 100$ bills shook my hand and were super happy to have gotten a deal. Faith restored.

Reactions: XLR308
The silver lining is we get to wake up tomorrow with a real President manning the free world.

I would have to laugh if the bills turned out to be fake. That scam is going around too.
Spelling edit
The silver lining is two gentlemen called me about a different boat I had out front in same spot as the trouble canoe earlier that day. They Said they wanted the boat, and would bring me cash the next evening. I gave them a time and they were prompt with new 100$ bills shook my hand and were super happy to have gotten a deal. Faith restored.

Last edited: