• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a helmet.

higginsworksforme

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2009
Kentucky
I need a ballistic helmet because it's a requirement for a class I want to take.

Requirements:

1. Protecc noggin
2. Hold NVG's
3. Look good

Should I just get an Ops Core from TNVC or what?

Team Wendy is not a bad helmet. Their cam system makes for a fairly comfortable fit.

Team Wendy is not a bad helmet. Their cam system makes for a fairly comfortable fit.

They are hard leftists that give lots of money to the anti gun politicians and even hosted hillary clinton at a campaign stop. I will not go any further because this isn't the pit and their donations are public record that you can look up.

They are hard leftists that give lots of money to the anti gun politicians and even hosted hillary clinton at a campaign stop. I will not go any further because this isn't the pit and their donations are public record that you can look up.

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: atomic41
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

No prob and I do encourage people to look it up for themselves. This was discussed in the pit recently and details are in there it can probably be found with a search.

just curious....do you have details on the class?

not that i doubt you, just seems like odd requirements for a class.
It's this class hosted by nc scout:

I've never shot a belt fed so it sounds fun.

I know where you can get one...

1699311553875.png
sf cool.jpg

Team Hillary does make a good helmet, but alas, supporting the Butcher of Benghazi In-Extremis is a no go.

Ive always had issued OpsCore FASTs it is hard to go wrong. If you wont use AMPs or any of the RAC Arm adapters for Peltors then a regular "high cut" will do you fine. The earlier XPs, and older style LBH & Gentex manufactured shells ran smaller like an ACH/ECH. You can probably still find a used XP, ST or SX under $800.

Maritimes were the issued hotness at one point, lighter, and then the newer FAST SF is the successor to the super high cut MTs. The super high cut is important to comfortably fit ear pro without it pinching underneath the rim.

There are also the FAST RF1 and another rifle rated helmet. Well, slow x39 FMJ rated, but heavier than an XP.

The newer Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) on the SX, SF, RF1 and the other one I forgot is better than the OG, lanyards keep your nods inline better than the old school rail lanyards, just needs a layer or 2 of 100mph tape to use with a wilcox and not rattle.

Retention wise Team Hillary makes the best but the vented ultra lux is really comfortable for me. Play with pad sizes to make sure it is good. The dial system I like most is the OCC as the Worm dial headband velcros into the helmet but I always end up cutting them out anyway. Dont forget to ditch pads and a buy strap extender if youll be wearing a promask.

Other options are Galvions or Highcom High Cuts. Or just order a surplus ECH, put 4D pads inside, and an OpsCore 1 hole shroud & ACH rails. It wont look "cool" and youll need run comes underneath but many of us did that for a long time so it is whatever

Stay away from Hard Head Veterans unless you want a Hollow Head when someone cracks your fortune cookie and spills your duck sauce. Doubly so for CPG or other 30p dollar FAST knockoffs