• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a lightweight, compact 2-10....

Scoop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2005
SC - USA
Who makes a super compact, lightweight 2-10 power with good glass, an illuminated FFP mil based reticle, .1mil knobs, 10-ish inch OAL, 32-ish mm objective, 20 ounce weight for under $2000?

Does anybody check all those boxes? So far I've looked at the Leupy Mk5HD 2-10 & March Compact 1-10. I'd be all over that Leupold if it had a 30mm tube and a decent reticle. The March is SFP but I may end up going that route if I can't find something I like in a FFP.

It's going on a compact blackout bolt gun for general critter control swapping back and forth between subs and supers. FFP because I'm old and I don't want to have to remember what power I'm at for holds. Lol.

Last edited:
I missed the FFP. The NF 1-8 has that but only 8x. I use both. Either meets my modest needs.

Reactions: lash
March makes an FFP 1-10 Shorty though its above your budget.

For me SFP isnt a huge deal on this mag range. However, since your shooting subs i could see where you would want to use the reticle at lower mag.

Consider the PA GlX 2.5-10 Griffin Mil. It is a few oz heavier than you want, but its less than half your budget. The reticle is great for fast shooting at 2.5x and IMO plenty of precision for anything you would be shooting with a 300blk.
one downside with this scope is youwont be able to set the zero stop since youll be switching between at least 2 zeroes. The way the scope is designed, you will also lose the ability to lock the turrets if you cant set the zero stop.

Reactions: WILLSMITH030382
Thanks for the replies folks. I know FFP isn't as important in this magnification range. Short and light with good glass probably tops my "wants" list for this build but a mil-based reticle is also a necessity.

That said, I'm seriously considering another NX8 1-8 now that they've got that center dot down to a manageable size with the newer DMx reticle. And 8X is plenty for the blackout. Am I wrong here?

If you're considering a 1-8x, I'd look at the Primary Arms PLxC 1-8x24. A sliver lighter, bout the same length, less expensive and stellar clarity. Bezel just vanishes too.

Reactions: BCP
Athlon Helos BTR gen2 2-12 x42
it’s a nice little scope I have one on a .300 blackout gasser. Down side it is made in china.

If short and light is priority, I’m really digging my SWFA 2.5-10 ultralight so far. Have an RMR offset on it as well. Glass is meh/good enough and needs a sunshade, but tracking great and reticle matches very well for my 11.5 556 AR. Only limited use so far but gonna run it this hunting season for a more thorough eval. At $250 figure it’s worth trying out. Weight difference from previous setups is very noticeable and greatly appreciated.

March makes an FFP 1-10 Shorty though its above your budget.

For me SFP isnt a huge deal on this mag range. However, since your shooting subs i could see where you would want to use the reticle at lower mag.

Consider the PA GlX 2.5-10 Griffin Mil. It is a few oz heavier than you want, but its less than half your budget. The reticle is great for fast shooting at 2.5x and IMO plenty of precision for anything you would be shooting with a 300blk.
one downside with this scope is youwont be able to set the zero stop since youll be switching between at least 2 zeroes. The way the scope is designed, you will also lose the ability to lock the turrets if you cant set the zero stop.

The march shorty is out of budget but it's the perfect mix of what they call the MFP. Large lines don't change during mag change, your other marks do.

I'm the first the hate in a low power FFP scope as I find them nearly useless for what a FFP is good for but March really did solve that problem with the Shorty

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotch_egg
Go find a lightly used NXS 2.5-10, buy it and be happy. You're overthinking this way too much.

The 2.5-10 NF:

Light (20oz)
Short
Battle proven durable and reliable
Decent glass
X42 model has parallax adjustment
X32 is even lighter and smaller
Turrets aren't going to move on you
Zero stop
Illumination
Variety of reticle options
Doubles as a framing hammer

Also becoming quite sought after as more and more people realize how great they are.

I have two of these, they are so good. Decent glass, very small, parallax adjustment, hold over reticle. No complaints so far.

Reactions: joshobean
Just buy a 1-10 razor. 2-10 are real stupid and there is a reason there is little option in that segment. 1-10 have taken over that space. The only thing you are losing is parralax adjustment but for something so small and light...it's not a big deal.

Go find a lightly used NXS 2.5-10, buy it and be happy. You're overthinking this way too much.

The 2.5-10 NF:

Light (20oz)
Short
Battle proven durable and reliable
Decent glass
X42 model has parallax adjustment
X32 is even lighter and smaller
Turrets aren't going to move on you
Zero stop
Illumination
Variety of reticle options
Doubles as a framing hammer

Also becoming quite sought after as more and more people realize how great they are.
Sfp blows. Let the old 65 year old moa shooters have em

Just buy a 1-10 razor. 2-10 are real stupid and there is a reason there is little option in that segment. 1-10 have taken over that space. The only thing you are losing is parralax adjustment but for something so small and light...it's not a big deal.

Lack of parallax is far from the only benefit to a 2-10 and not all 2-10’a even have parallax. There’s significant disadvantages that come with 10x erectors and 24-28mm objectives that 4-5x erector optics don’t have and it’s a far greater issue than not having parallax because both of those hugely impact too end performance.

If someone is going to use the optic on higher mag the majority of the time, 1-10’s are a terrible choice.

I’ve had the 1-10 Razor and the eye box over 6x is not very good at all.

I have a Razor 1-10 and really like it. Same with Razor 1-6

With that said been thinking of one of these for an SPR. Anyone with first hand knowledge on one?
I have a 3-15 I ran on an Spr. Been very solid and good scope for the money but the Windage needed to lock or be capped. I found it moved several times. I just bought a new scope to replace it and put the pst ii on a range rifle. If they would do at least a capped windage on the next gen I’ll be buying some.

I have a 3-15 I ran on an Spr. Been very solid and good scope for the money but the Windage needed to lock or be capped. I found it moved several times. I just bought a new scope to replace it and put the pst ii on a range rifle. If they would do at least a capped windage on the next gen I’ll be buying some.
PQDDA8o.jpeg

hTlaC7q.jpeg

I use bungie mag retention straps. I think this is an HSGI rebuilds for TACO pouches.

Thank you

The new March Dual Focal MPVO.

Cons:
  • 3 oz too heavy
  • $800 over budget
  • Backorder probability very high
Loosing 3oz on a scope like this is seems rather unrealistic.
If March (the king of lightweight and compact scopes) couldn't/wouldn't do it then it probably can't be done.

For $800 less and avilable now, you can get the Mark5 2-10x30, no weight saving though.

With that said been thinking of one of these for an SPR. Anyone with first hand knowledge on one?
As B Man said, the biggest problem is the exposed windage, definitely a liability on a "fighting" rifle.

The weight is also excessive and the reticle is kinda shite.
The Gen 1 2.5-10x32 is a better scope IMO, 19oz and a much better reticle.

Reactions: BCP
Loosing 3oz on a scope like this is seems rather unrealistic.
If March (the king of lightweight and compact scopes) couldn't/wouldn't do it then it probably can't be done.

For $800 less and avilable now, you can get the Mark5 2-10x30, no weight saving though.
It's only $300 once you kinda have illumination parity. You also get a dual focal plane reticle with a tree, and a bigger eyebox, with more zoom. That's 3 major features for $100 apiece. That's seems pretty reasonable to me.

As B Man said, the biggest problem is the exposed windage, definitely a liability on a "fighting" rifle.

The weight is also excessive and the reticle is kinda shite.
The Gen 1 2.5-10x32 is a better scope IMO, 19oz and a much better reticle.
I have carried scopes with non capped adjustments in the field many times. If worried about a turret moving 100 mph tape will secure it. I agree it’s better to have it capped but no big deal to me

I have a older jap weaver tactical 2-10x36 on my mk12 ish build. Very under rated little scope imo. Does the trick tracks great

Reactions: Eric_F
My recommendation… You get your 1x low end, and 10x top end. Glass is excellent for the price, reticle is on point, 34mm tube, built like a tank, price is affordable. 👍🏼

The eotech Vudu 1-10 is 20.5 oz with the throw lever installed...

28mm objective
Exposed and locking elevation turret

My recommendation… You get your 1x low end, and 10x top end. Glass is excellent for the price, reticle is on point, 34mm tube, built like a tank, price is affordable. 👍🏼

That's a good price to try. I'd pay another $100 and 2oz for a paralax adjustment.

Reactions: FuhQ
That's a good price to try. I'd pay another $100 and 2oz for a paralax adjustment.
I bought one at regular price, and was so impressed I bought a second one when they went on sale last Christmas. It’s still in the box, but I’m executor find something to put in it on.

I agree. I’d like to see it FFP, with a parallax, and exposed elevation turret w/ ZS that locks.

Thanks for the great discussion and all the suggestions. Wanting a very compact scope, I ended up going with the Eotech Vudu 1-10. Locking elevation turret, capped windage turret, reticle great for holdovers, 20 ounces and 10.6 inches. There's a lot to like about this optic. Not sure I'd want it on a run-n-gun carbine (I'm not crazy about the 1X picture) but it's gonna work well on a compact 300 BLK bolt gun staying in the 5X to 10X range 98% of the time.

Little late to the party but have been running that PST g2 2-10 on an SPR-ish rifle for a few months now and quite like it. It's easier to get behind on 10x than my Razor 1-10 is and it has a better FOV. Glass looks as good on 10x as the Razor does as well. I think it's a great option for an SPR and would like to see something similar in the Razor lineup. Only complaint is that I'd also like to see capped windage (and locking elevation) but I've yet to have the turret spin on me in field use. I am gonna try that taco mag mod over the windage knob though.