• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I need a recommendation on one of these 50mm scope

rweldon

Sergeant
Minuteman
I want to put a 50mm objective lense scope on my muzzleloader. I need all the light I can get where I'm at. I've been looking at the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50, or the Bushnell Elite 3-9x50, or Redfield Revolution 3-9x50. I've owned Nikon and Redfield before and still do, but have never had a Bushnell Elite...what are your thoughts?

Re: I need a recommendation on one of these 50mm scope

I have a weaver nitrex 2.5-10X50 EBR 1 ( very nice reticle btw ) and the glass is very clear, better than most scopes I have seen in the same price range, it also has target turrets, I don't know how accurate or repeatable the turrets are because I haven't mess with them but I think you would be very pleased with it on your ML

Bushnell makes a good scope. Of those choices I'd get the Bushy or Nikon. The Bushy does have a 30mm tube over the Nikon 1". The Sightron 3.5-10x50 SII Big Sky would also be a good choice.

Burris has a FF11 3x9x50 that will gather more light then any of those you listed for less money .

I replaced a bushnell sportview 4-12x40 with a bushnell 4200 3-9x40 and couldnt believe the difference. I miss the 12x but the clarity almost makes up for it. Isnt the 4200 series discontinued?

I've always thought that Bushnells were crap but found a 4200 2.5-10X50 illuminated for super cheap on ebay. I've been really impressed with it hunting at night. I would put it up there with the Nikon and Leupolds. I'm also a big fan of the Monarchs. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those. The only experience I have with Redfields is with the older ones, so I don't know what to tell you about that one.

The Bushnell will have the best glass IMHO.

Agree with JMT38S about the Nitrex scope. You just might want to check the remaining Nitrex (by Weaver) TR1 scopes still available at Natchez Shooters Supply. They are less than 1/2 price of its equivalent Weaver Grand Slam scope. Made in Japan by one of better scope makers.

If you want a bright scope, pick up a Zeiss 3-9x40. It will outshine the 50mm scopes in that magnification range. Most of the time, there's no use in a 50mm for that magnification range.

My room mate just got a Revolution and for the price it is really a great scope! When he ordered it I was like "well Okay?" being a Vortex fan boy. I have to admit it is well worth the money.

Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 will do well. Used one for a while fox hunting at night and it was fantastic.