• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing I need a Remington Bolt

tunacan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Utah, SLC
I am looking to buy a Remington LA Bolt with a 308 bolt face. I also have a magnum bolt that I would be willing to trade. Let me know what you have

Re: I need a Remington Bolt

Im looking for a complete bolt that I can just drop in. Thanks for the reply

Do you still need a bolt? Let me know. I have one and might not mind having a mag bolt.

Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge sells them if you can't find one else where.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tunacan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking for a complete bolt that I can just drop in. Thanks for the reply </div></div>

You will still need to have the weapon headspaced to fit the new bolt , their not all the same.

If you can't work some sort of trade I'd get a bolt from PT&G and have the handel installed correctly , it'll be a better setup than ANY factory bolt that hasen't be trued

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge sells them if you can't find one else where. </div></div>

Is he a Hide member? I need to speak with someone there and its Sunday. I'm beginning to get anoied with not getting receipts and them not charging my card or mailing it out until a week after I place my order. Do they make it after you order it like jack in the box or what?? Is two weeks the norm for ordering there? I have to beg to get totals on my orders too.

from my limited experience, they charge your card when they ship an item. if you place an order with multiple items and they are all ready at different times, you card will be charged for each item when they ship. i got an invoice in the mail a few days after the delivery of the item(s).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge sells them if you can't find one else where. </div></div>

Is he a Hide member? I need to speak with someone there and its Sunday. I'm beginning to get anoied with not getting receipts and them not charging my card or mailing it out until a week after I place my order. Do they make it after you order it like jack in the box or what?? Is two weeks the norm for ordering there? I have to beg to get totals on my orders too. </div></div>

Complete bolts are available from this source

http://www.davidtubb.com/700_bolt.html

Bolts must be headspaced to the rifle, even one you take from another rifle, they are not interchangeable.

PTG may or may not have what you need in stock, if not they, will make to order. They are a machine shop, I wouldn't expect them to answer the phone on Sunday. Several weeks is a normal time frame to wait and they are worth the wait.