• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need a Windows phone guru...

Stpilot12

Killed a guy with a Trident...
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2012
Northern Crappyfornia
Bought a cheap nokia 635 (windows 8.1) for the sole purpose of running coldbore... So first off, I know nothing about windows or microsoft, been an apple guy for over 15 years. High probability of user error here. Anyway, go to Patagonia ballistics, PAY the $$, click download and I get nothing. It takes me to a screen that says Onedrive.live.somebullshit then it takes me back to the Patagonia page after a few seconds. Nothing has downloaded, at least when I check the phone for memory and downloads. Tried several times, not sure where to go from here. Any help would be great... Thx

I may be oversimplifying and mean nothing by my comments but I remember I had similar issues when I purchased the mobile version for the NOMAD (not the phone version). You download the install files to your Windows PC and install the SW to your phone from the PC. Your phone needs to be connected to the PC via the Windows phone assistant application. I don't remember what it is called. One drive is Window's version of the Apple cloud for file storage.

Being that you are an "Apple" guy, are you downloading the Patagonia app on a Windows PC versus an Apple MAC? Again, no disrespect meant.

Last edited:
You must download the phone version from the Microsoft store, just open it on your phone and search for coldbore, then install, that's all you need to do. It's exactly the same you do on your iPhone, for the manuals you should get a link from Patagonia. No big deal, done that in less than a minute. Hope this helps you out.

Reactions: Nik H
Thanks guys! No offense at all taken... When I'm a dumb ass, I will own it... In this case, as I thought, "most of it" was me. LastShot nailed it. Finally got an email back from Patagonia Ballistics. The Mobile version they list on the site is not for phones, have to go to the microsoft store. However, as it turns out when I created an account and tried again, it still didnt work, the phone kept crashing. In fact it wouldnt down load anything from the store. My GF has a MS account also, we tried under her sign in and it still crashed. My luck with MS shit. Im sending the phone back to Scamazon.(there were some other things about it that were weird too, I think it was used) Anyway, thanks for the help! I knew Y'all would come thru with a solution.

Reactions: Nik H
Android phones and tablets are very easy to run, install apps, and don't crash much if any.
Did not see that cold bore would run on them, looks like nice software.
I ran microsoft all the way back to dos 3.2 and finally got fed up!
Went to android and never considered ever going back.

Just an opinion, I like less fussy os that gets the job done.

Thanks guys! No offense at all taken... When I'm a dumb ass, I will own it... In this case, as I thought, "most of it" was me. LastShot nailed it. Finally got an email back from Patagonia Ballistics. The Mobile version they list on the site is not for phones, have to go to the microsoft store. However, as it turns out when I created an account and tried again, it still didnt work, the phone kept crashing. In fact it wouldnt down load anything from the store. My GF has a MS account also, we tried under her sign in and it still crashed. My luck with MS shit. Im sending the phone back to Scamazon.(there were some other things about it that were weird too, I think it was used) Anyway, thanks for the help! I knew Y'all would come thru with a solution.

@LastShot300 is the guru of all things related to CB. Has helped me a number of times.

Reactions: LastShot300