• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need advice to reload 6.5X47 Lapua

ledmach11969

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Ardmore, OK
I just got my self a 6.5X47 Lapua Custom rifle, and I wanted to start reloading my own ammo. I need an advice what to buy and not to buy and what I need to do to keep up with accuracy.

I was thinking of buying the midwayusa

Redding Type S Match Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set 6.5x47mm Lapua

What else beside this do I need to get to specs of the cartidge?

Do I need to resize and recut the neck of the case, do I also need to slim cut the side wall of the neck. Im confuse that what some friend told me, I rather have a professional shooter and experience reloader tell me how to do it. Thank you for any advice you give me.

Re: I need advice to reload 6.5X47 Lapua

My 6.5x47 L drives tacks, I love it. I use a Redding Bushing style FL die and a wilson chamber type seater. And thats it. I have a neck sizer and body but I don't use it. If its a tactical rifle I recommend FL sizing. I have a bbl for my tactical rifle but pretty much only shoot that round in my BR rifle. I have a 1.14 inch 5 shot group @600yds from a few weeks ago. Thats what I use from a 22". My tuned load for my BR is Lapua brass of course with 37.5grs varget, and 123 SMK allthough some good groups came from 123 lapua scenars. But I like the SMK's a little better. And it likes them into the lands a bit.

Re: I need advice to reload 6.5X47 Lapua

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 6.5x47 L drives tacks, I love it. I use a Redding Bushing style FL die and a wilson chamber type seater. And thats it. I have a neck sizer and body but I don't use it. If its a tactical rifle I recommend FL sizing. I have a bbl for my tactical rifle but pretty much only shoot that round in my BR rifle. I have a 1.14 inch 5 shot group @600yds from a few weeks ago. Thats what I use from a 22". My tuned load for my BR is Lapua brass of course with 37.5grs varget, and 123 SMK allthough some good groups came from 123 lapua scenars. But I like the SMK's a little better. And it likes them into the lands a bit. </div></div>

Can you post a picture of your tactical rifle. thank you..