• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Need Ballistic Calculation Help Please

patches

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Wichita KS
www.smtco.biz
Gents-
I have been trying to use the JBM software but there is one thing that I am confused by. Where do you enter your base MOA? I have everything figured out except where to factor in my 20 MAO base. Here is the info I have so far. I may forget something but this is off the top of my head. Ammo: FGMM BTHP .308 at 2500 fps.
Center of scope from center of barrel: 2.8"
Elevation: 1300 ft
Humidity: 60%
Zeroed in at 100 yards
No wind
No moving target
The rifle is basically a GAP Crusader with a 24" bartlein instead of the 22" Templar action with the 20 MOA base with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 NP2 Everything is MOA of course. I just need something to help get me close when shooting this weekend. I want to set up a 1000 yard range on our family land because the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. I know it will not be dead on, I will have to do the work behind the trigger to get that dialed-in.

I know there is someone out there that can help.

Thanks Much

Ryan

Re: I Need Ballistic Calculation Help Please

You don't enter your base inclination, because once you have zeroed at some distance, it makes no difference to the ballistic calculation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patches</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents-
I have been trying to use the JBM software but there is one thing that I am confused by. Where do you enter your base MOA? I have everything figured out except where to factor in my 20 MAO base. Here is the info I have so far. I may forget something but this is off the top of my head. Ammo: FGMM BTHP .308 at 2500 fps.
Center of scope from center of barrel: 2.8"
Elevation: 1300 ft
Humidity: 60%
Zeroed in at 100 yards
No wind
No moving target
The rifle is basically a GAP Crusader with a 24" bartlein instead of the 22" Templar action with the 20 MOA base with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 NP2 Everything is MOA of course. I just need something to help get me close when shooting this weekend. I want to set up a 1000 yard range on our family land because the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. I know it will not be dead on, I will have to do the work behind the trigger to get that dialed-in.

I know there is someone out there that can help.

Thanks Much

Ryan </div></div>

I can run your numbers for you on my Ballistic FTE program - but I need some more data:
FGMM 168s or 175 BTHP (my program says the FGMM 168s run at 2650 and the 175s @ 2600)
-- Temp
-- Conditons when you zero'd the gun (not required but will improved the #'s)
-- What MOA click value (1/4, 1/8, etc)

168gr at 2650 is what I use.
Zeroed the gun at an indoor range 100 yards 70 degrees don't know humidity, or atmospheric pressure....?
1/4 MOA value

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Ryan