• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need help and advice

Re: I need help and advice

you could re-barrel the howa action for either of these and possibly have it tweaked at the same time - might as well shoot out the .308 barrel first though

Why is Ben shooting your Howa???

Just re-barrel the Howa, nothing wrong with the Howa/Vanguard action.

Yea my phone is stupid some times as for my howa I just not happy after shooting some better rigs

If you want to keep your .308 though as you can never have to many guns just not enough storage space. I am in the processes of building my second 6.5 creedmoor rifle. Its not cheap but if you want the info I can give you the build list just pm me but I will warn you its in the 3-4k range you could also pick up a donor remington 700 action (just find a cheap rifle with the action and get it rebarrled and throw it in a stock of your choice.

Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it but if im going to re-barrel a rifle I wont a better action

Well the 142gr SMKs I loaded up for mine are pushing around 2740 FPS at the muzzle that translates to a transonic range of around 1450yards at near sea level. I think its a great caliber for long range and there is match grade factory ammo available. I would definitely look at the creedmoor its a great caliber thats why I am building a bolt gun chambered in it now that I have seen how well it works in my semi-auto.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter.dm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it but if im going to re-barrel a rifle I wont a better action </div></div>

Why's a Howa inferior to any other action?

If you're talking out of the box accuracy, a Howa rifle is just as accurate (and in my experience, more) accurate than most other factory guns.

But if you're looking for a good entry level 6.5, check out Savage. I've heard good things about Savage LRP.