• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need help finding a pistol grip...not just anyone...a fat one!

tag_heuer

Lead Farmer and Garbage Collector
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2013
NOR CAL
I want a pistol grip for my A10 or A15 the comes down at a 90 degree angle. I want it to mimic the grip similar to a manners or McMillan stock. Nice and fat so my finger comes straight back when I pull the trigger. I had a Magpul Miad grip on most of my ARs, but the slim 45 degree angle is not ideal for my long range bolt gun.

At Shot Show I saw a large grip at 90 degrees at Masterpiece Arms. The guy at the booth said it would fit the AR no problem. It didn’t. I had to drip a hole for the detent spring and after installing it, it didn’t fit. Total waste of money.

If anyone knows of a large 90 degree grip I would be so appreciative of you letting me know.

You have to modify the MPA grip a little but it will fit. IMO it's the nicest. Other than that the only one I know if that does 90 is the flip grip.

I have a Luth AR chubby grip on a AR 10 6.5 Creedmoor and really like it. Not at 90 degrees, but the ergonomics of the grip promote a relaxed hold and what I think is a relatively straight back trigger pull. Check one out, it might fit what your looking for.
Best,
Mike

You have to modify the MPA grip a little but it will fit. IMO it's the nicest. Other than that the only one I know if that does 90 is the flip grip.
Did u have any issues with the detent? I dremmeled it to fit the ar10.

I have the Erogo Grip with palm rest on my Ruger PR while not straight is not as severe angle of other AR10 grips and allows a very light hold on the gun.

The Sierra Precision grip is kinda full figured. You could do the trick I used to do where you take epoxy putty and build up the outside and then wrap your WD40 covered hand around it with a little pressure and you have a grip with the position you want and finger grooves to help with control if you so choose. You can always just build it out smooth. Starting woth the Sierra(or any full grip) meams less putty needed. WECSOG approved

The Sierra Precision grip is kinda full figured. You could do the trick I used to do where you take epoxy putty and build up the outside and then wrap your WD40 covered hand around it with a little pressure and you have a grip with the position you want and finger grooves to help with control if you so choose. You can always just build it out smooth. Starting woth the Sierra(or any full grip) meams less putty needed. WECSOG approved
That kinda gives me an idea... remember the old moldable mouth guards? Where you'd put 'em in boiling water to soften 'em up, then put 'em in your mouth and chomp on 'em to mold them to your teeth? I have to wonder if something similar couldn't be done with an AR pistol grip... obviously it'd have to get softer than the mouth guard did (your hand just doesn't have the clamping power that your jaw does), but it'd be a great way to accomplish this same task without the mess...

Reactions: blcouch
The deluxe Ergo grips have served me well. Not really vertical, but closer than most and I dig the surface/texture. Almost everything I own has an Ergo of some sort on it. Hardly the most attractive grip ever made, but effective.