• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I need help finding a sling for my M4

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hey guys -

I need to get a sling for range days with my M4 but I'm having a hard time finding one that will work. I really like my 3-point CQB Benelli M4 sling I got from Specter Gear but here's my dilemma:

Link to the Specter Gear sling I'd like: M-4A1 CQB Sling

The front point needs to be a QD swivel stud since my quad rail is a free float Larue. But I think I can just get a QD swivel sling mount to mount the front of the sling:

p1011865_1.jpg

The Specter Gear sites shows all M4's with the sling attach point on the top of the stock, however mine does not have that. It has the under the tube and bottom swivel, like so:

Stock%20Only%20M4%20Black%20-%20GEN2-3.jpg

Can anybody recommend a sling brand they use that would work on my M4 or do I have to just buy a new stock?

Thanks!

I would upgrade the stock to meet your actual wants and preference rather than trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Upgrade the stock got sure. Vltor, magpul, etc pick your flavor. Would recommend a vickers tactical padded sling as it makes carrying the rifle for long periods of time much easier. It's almost like the m249 sling but with qd attachments.

I also recommend the Vickers / Blue Force Gear padded sling. The standard padded sling with work with your current stock just fine and you can put a QD loop on it if you upgrade in the future.

Look up Mountain Shooter or go to the home page and under the writeups hes in there. Any combo of attachment you want. Excellent slings and knowledgeable shooter.

Vickers of blue force gear work well, you may have to buy qwik disconnects separately...

Look no further than the Saavy Sniper quad sling. It has everything you are looking for

Chris R

I use a savvy sniper as well. Great sling, they make a model to fit just about everybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just easier to change the stock. Does anybody know where I can get a milspec stock with the loop on the top that will work on a 6-position tube? I can't seem to find any...

another good option to mount the sling at the end of the lower receiver instead of the stock. This makes it easier to chicken wing the rifle as well as do transitions. It also allows you to run a single point if you so choose.

TangoDown Sling Mount, Collapsible Stocks PR-4
Item Id: TD-PR-4

I have used this tango down product in the past and it does not require permanent modification to the rifle and is installed using an allen wrench. (cheaper than an entirely new stock as well)

btw, you can mount the sling on the stock without the top loop like you have the same way as in the photo of the link you provided you just have to make sure that the strap on the stock remains tight. Otherwise it may slip off the rear and hang around the buttpad. (bad description)

Get a 2 point VTAC sling.

Also, you're going to find that if you are using the sling for anything other than slinging it over your shoulder to hold your rifle that using the QD spot in the LaRue rail will put the front of your sling entirely too close to your body. This will in turn make for VERY difficult magazine changes as your workspace is going to be extremely small.

Get the VTAC sling with no attachments and use the nylon that comes with it. For the front, get a rail mounted QD adapter and put it on your rail towards the front.

Vickers of blue force gear work well, you may have to buy qwik disconnects separately...

That's what I'm running on my AR-15. The Blueforces were issued when we deployed and somehow I ended up with an extra that nobody wanted to claim. QD loop bought separately.

Also, you're going to find that if you are using the sling for anything other than slinging it over your shoulder to hold your rifle that using the QD spot in the LaRue rail will put the front of your sling entirely too close to your body. This will in turn make for VERY difficult magazine changes as your workspace is going to be extremely small.

Get the VTAC sling with no attachments and use the nylon that comes with it. For the front, get a rail mounted QD adapter and put it on your rail towards the front.

that may not necessarily be the case. I prefer to run the sling in that position. I never found it to clutter my work space during mag changes and it frees up the handguard for accessories and my other hand. I felt like that was/is the least obtrusive place to mount the sling. I say it isn't a bad idea to try running the sling there and if it does not work then spend the money seeking another solution.

I would run a 2pt adjustable. I've use/d Vickes/BFG, VTAC, Sheriff of Baghdad, Boonie Packer & plain GI slings.

You don't need a new stock. All of those can be attached to the stock via the slot. At times I've also used various nylon attachments provided with other slings, and probably provided with the 3pt the OP is looking at. I've also use heavy duty zip ties, which work very well.

Attachment is personal. Some guys like them very close together, at the front and rear of the receivers, to me that too much like a single point. I prefer the attachments to use as much gun as possible, the end of the stock and front of the rail.

Bob

I also recommend the Vickers / Blue Force Gear padded sling. The standard padded sling with work with your current stock just fine and you can put a QD loop on it if you upgrade in the future.

I second the Blue Force Gear slings.