• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I need help locating an old scope, or moding mine

seanh

Fucktard Ring ldr
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Houston, TX
I’m trying to locate a scope that I had a number of years ago (about 15)…Springfield Gov’t model, I think. It was 6-20(4) x 50… I believe. Finding an old Springfield gov’t scope isn’t hard, it’s finding one with the reticle I had.

The reticle design was like a combination mill dot and peep sight where the peep (ranging ring) are similar to a Shepard scope where there were the BDC rings from the center down though these didn’t move like the Shepard does. Back then it was dubbed the “head shot” reticles.

From what I recall this scope came from the custom shop or was some type of military trial/overrun scope and I’ve yet to see anything like it since then.

Though the scope wasn’t great for group BR shooting, less you were a little innovative in hold, it was amazingly fast to acquire a target and squeeze one off.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

The next question if I can't locate the scope who will make custom etched reticles for my scope? Will they install? I know there are a few manufacturers that will etch whatever you want on their scope but I can’t afford that highend glass right now.