• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing I need stock recommendations/guidance for T3xCTR and T3X with carbon proof barrels

Quigley76

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
Hi All,

I own a Tikka T3X CTR (6.5 CM) and may soon own a Tikka T3X (Lite) WSM. I plan on swapping out both barrels (the 300 WSM for a 1:10 twist) for carbon fiber Proof barrels, Sendero or Light Sendero profile. (Also considering Carbon Six).

I am looking for a stock that will accomodate these barrels. It Needs to be light (both of these are rifles for hunting in mountains), but I also plink at longer ranges and like not losing POI after a few shots. I want the stock to have an adjustable cheek riser (prefer not to use after-market saddle devices, etc.) and thumbhole would be nice as well. Any suggestions? It seems after-market are more limited for Tikkas. I have already talked to GGS, sounds like they could help me out with some custom work on their end to accomodate the barrels, but I also would like to keep the cost of each stock to around no more than $500 if possible.

I would really appreciate any expertise any of you have to give me some good suggestions. Thanks!

Ag composites, jcs, iota, manners and krg would be your better options. Going to be tough to find everything your looking for in one stock with the price.
I have iota and jcs stocks and like them both.

Reactions: Quigley76
KRG Bravo is the most bang for your buck. They also have other chassis up to a grand, I have the Whiskey3 and it's awesome.

Some of the GRS stocks run around 1400 grams (3 lbs) and fit the Tikka rifles nicely.

I don't think they offer a thumbhole stock but they do offer adjustable cheek pieces.

I've been strongly considering one. The Berserk runs around $450 and the Bifrost $530 on Brownells. Sometimes Brownells has coupons as well.

Last edited:
How do you like your carbon 6? I’m looking at ordering an 18” sendero from them for my CTR in a bravo
I really like it. Shouldered prefit and screwed on action (T3) headapaced perfectly. It hammers, and for only 17” length, I get 2630 FPS with a 143gr ELDX on 42gr H4350, and a Sierra 130gr Gamechanger with the same powder charge gets 2822 FPS, I don’t feel like I’m giving up much velocity/ballistics wise and it’s short light and handy.

Reactions: YotaEer
I really like it. Shouldered prefit and screwed on action (T3) headapaced perfectly. It hammers, and for only 17” length, I get 2630 FPS with a 143gr ELDX on 42gr H4350, and a Sierra 130gr Gamechanger with the same powder charge gets 2822 FPS, I don’t feel like I’m giving up much velocity/ballistics wise and it’s short light and handy.

My thoughts exactly. I could shed nearly 1 lb of weight and barely lose any performance compared to my stock 20” barrel