• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I need to upgrade my scope....

Milan metal

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2012
I am reaching out to farther distances with my 22lr and I have run out of adjustment on my current scope. I have a 15 moa base and a Redfield 6-18x44mm scope. It works great out to 200 but them I have to start guessing which I don't like.

I want something with a MRAD or mil dot reticle, 24x-32x and I have a budget around $400-500.

I have been looking at these scopes:

Falcon Menace 5.5-25x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

Bushnell 6-24x40 Elite Rifle Scope

Konus 6.5-25x44 Konuspro M-30 30mm Riflescope

Millett 6-25x56 LRS-1 Tactical 35mm Riflescope

Sightron 6-24x42 SII Riflescope

If you have any comments on these please let me know. I am not going to but a NF or some other $1000 scope so please don't bring it up.

Thanks,

MM

And maybe Burris Zee rings wiht the inserts? Good up to 40 moa there as well. Although, once you get enough built in MOA to reach 300+ at shorter distances (25-50 yards) you'll have the same problem.

I've got a DIP 25 moa base on my .22, and I have no complaints about it; I would echo what the above posters said about trying a new base before a new scope.

Edit: NVM, I didn't bother to read your update before posting.

Last edited:
Of the scopes you listed I have had the Falcon and the Millet, I liked the millet and used it for a couple years with good results on my 22 trainer. The Falcon got sold after a couple range trips. That was my experiences.

See about a steeper base, or play with some credit cards. I have an LRS-1 and at 140 MOA, you are good to go. I did step down to the BSA FFP MIL/MIL from MidwayUSA, so I guess you could say it's retired now.