• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors I never even thought about it

Gtummy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2014
Beaumont, Texas
I was speaking with Daniel at KKM Precision today while ordering a couple of barrels. We got into discussion about suppressors and wait time. He told me that he ordered his suppressors from a shop that had a range. That way, he was allowed to go in and use them while he was waiting for his stamp. He said not all shops would do that but technically you own it and rules say you can't leave the stop with it. Using it in the store was not prohibited. Just a FYI.

nice.
meanwhile, i can only pray for the day i can look forward to waiting.

I have a dealer in Texas that has a 50 yard indoor range that I have used twice over the past 6 months that my suppressor has been in jail. As luck would have it two days after my last range trip I called the good ole ATF to check the status and I was approved Aug 24! Now just waiting on my stamp.

I have one of my cans at a dealer that is also a private range that I am a member of. We've got a 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, and 1k yard ranges plus 10 tactical bays a shotgun range, and a pistol range. It's glorious. I haven't had a conjugal visit in a bit though. Ammo is nonexistent and I'm close to my minimum.

Reactions: hollywood1981
The shop I got mine at had the conjugal visit deal as well. I didn’t visit because- 1) I didn’t want to use it if I couldn’t take it home after and 2) What was the point of shooting inside with can and a dozen other lanes also throwing lead at the same time.

I have one of my cans at a dealer that is also a private range that I am a member of. We've got a 50, 100, 200, 300, 500, and 1k yard ranges plus 10 tactical bays a shotgun range, and a pistol range. It's glorious. I haven't had a conjugal visit in a bit though. Ammo is nonexistent and I'm close to my minimum.
That place sounds amazing.

Conjugal visits make it worse imo. My first batch of transfers were at a class 3 with a range, made the wait that much worse. Currently have stamps pending at a place without a range, I don’t even think about it now. Or maybe its because I already have nfa toys and the novelty is gone.