• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I now know why it is called BARF.com

C Snyder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2007
OK
Wow. It took me 13ys of reading items on bARf.com to want to finally register and post some information. I was going to re post my review of the SHRIKE when I got an account.

The following was my response along with there email.

Re: www.ar15.com Registration Denied

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:04 AM

"Coby Snyder" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
[email protected]

Well I am truly shocked you are denying access only based on my chosen name and email. My intentions was to post only information and help answer questions from other members on your web site. I assume you denied access because for some reason I may get some free advertizement. WOW??!!

I had no intention of setting up a "dealer" account, as I only wanted an account to post pictures of some of my PERSONAL collection, and share information. Now if I did want to advertise and sell items on a commercial basis I would have gladly contacted your site for the appropriate information.

I am deleting your bookmark from all of my computers and I will now advise all of my customers to STAY AWAY from your site. I now see why other sites make fun of you and call you BARF.com. I am truly in amazement, as I never expected this response from a pro-gun and free speech site.

No apology required as you ARE truly, sorry.

Coby Snyder
S&S Arms

P.S. I will be re-posting this email along with my response on other TRULY PRO-GUN and FREE SPEECH sites that I have been a member of for so long. I am now so glad I took this long to register with your site.

--- On Wed, 9/26/12, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: www.ar15.com Registration Denied
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 8:07 PM

We regret to inform you that your new account, SNSARMS, was rejected.

The following reason was noted with the account for reference:

No dealer accounts without prior approval. Please contact [email protected] for more information. -Z

Your initial registration must be from a valid internet service provider and not a free
mail service. Once registered, you may switch to any mail service.

If you wish to address the rejection and use this account name, please reply
and a senior staff member will get back to you. We are aware that mistakes happen
and will do everything in our power to address any issues and correct them.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

www.ar15.com

Re: I now know why it is called BARF.com

whistle.gif

That site is only useful for the free entertainment in the chat room.

well...that is interesting. i guess they wont lose very much sleep over it. I suggest you do the same and keep on trucking

Their loss, my gain. I have gone 13ys not posting anything over there and to be honest.... it is the least informative site of all that I visit or contribute too.

I can come over here and a few other places and get GOOD information without sorting through all the crap.

There - A location
They're - A contraction for 'they are'
Their - The possessive pronoun

Welcome to the Hide.
wink.gif

I still have an account over there, but aside from browsing the equipment exchange and occasionally picking up or selling something, I don't waste my time with the so-called "informational" areas of the forum much anymore.

I too will be interested to see what the MGT on the site have to say in response to your e-mail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There - A location
They're - A contraction for 'they are'
Their - The possessive pronoun

Welcome to the Hide.
wink.gif
</div></div>

If only I had auto grammar check as well as spelling.

HAHAHAHA

On Thu, 9/27/12, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: www.ar15.com Registration Denied
To: [email protected], [email protected]
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 7:03 AM

because we can't guess people's intentions when they register AND because so many come with the intention to advertise and sell without a dealer account we are not accepting company names as screen names.

I am sure you are pro second amendment too, but you decide what policies your company makes and who you sell to, etc. i am also sure you would take steps to make sure customers don't go through your company naked, thus limiting their freedom of expression

And My final response.

I can understand your position on dealer accounts. You needed to explain that in more detail on your registration page as well as your first e-mail response. Nowhere on you site did it forbid or give rules to selecting a username in reference to a business or dealer.

1. Please choose an appropriate username.
2. Once created, your account username will NOT be able to be changed.
3. Anything deemed unacceptable will result in the account being denied access.
4. Please allow up to 48 hours for account approval. In most cases approval is done within an hour or two.
5. Creating an account will sign you up for our monthly newsletter.

I read #3 and determined unacceptable was offensive or vulgar language.

What if that WAS my name, or simply my "handle"? I tried C Snyder and c snyder and it kicked both of those before trying SNSARMS. My email address is also my personal address. It is my only address. It is provided by a paid internet service provider (Southwestern Bell) and NOT a free service like yahoo or hotmail. I don't have a large store front, nor do I have a web site that I was going to link and piggy back off your page.

Yes, I do run a small CII FFL and gunsmithing shop (hence why I typed that in after 2 other tries) and I have never made a big deal of it on other sites nor do I actively promote it. If someone asks "where did you get that done?" I will simple say I did it myself.

I will respect you policy and not join you site with SNSARMS as my username

Coby Snyder

---

Admin Note:

I am gonna defend AR15 here as an Admin of a board.

We get things like this all time and the example I will use is our For Sale Policy.

Guys will sign on, and start padding their post count immediately. So the membership here which acts as our moderators will send us an Alert and sure enough, 25+ posts in less than 4 hours. We basically just go right for the temporary ban, it's at that point the fireworks start.

I was bored at work, how dare you, I was not looking to sell, the excuses are varied and wide. Another complaint, why wasn't I warned, you just banned me without talking to me, I am the greatest guy, I have a 100% rating on eBay, etc.

We have not idea what your intentions are, we just act based off the rules.

AR15 has a dealership policy and part of that policy is an unwritten rule to protect their paying customers. It's a good bet on their part, that a User with a business in their name is gonna at some point skirt the rules. It's an investment and a lot of companies feel it is not worth the money or want to see how receptive the membership is, so they fish a little. We see it here all the time. Many are up and coming, new business and the initial outlay to advertise on a site seems pricey. So they will lurk with a log on and then decide or not. Believe it or not, many will blatantly feel it is their right to by-pass your rules and do what they want, they feel entitled. Of course it is always, always, "their personal collection" they are selling. This is the most common excuse.

Still I think it was poor form coming to SH to complain about AR15.com, they are what they, their rules are clear and there is very little gray area. Coming here show poor form if you ask me. It's another tactic of slighted internet users, go to the other and complain about their "enemy"... well I don't consider them my enemy and think you are wrong on several counts.

I think they have been polite and professional and as long as the rules are enforced evenly, good on them.

you need to look at it this way:

We have no way of knowing what your intentions are, and most decisions are based on a very solid history. They see this everyday. We see it every day. We have a lot of people log on and we don't read minds.

So consider it from both sides, this is their, our business after all.

The rejected my registration name as well: <span style="font-weight: bold">FAPnArms</span>

Gave up on them years ago. Seems the average member is about 14 years old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gave up on them years ago. Seems the average member is about 14 years old. </div></div>

Yup... if even that. I get real impressed when some child say's something cute like, "I got my mommy interested in shooting cause we like killing zombie's"...

I've had occasion to visit with the Avilla guys and they are both nice folks.
That said, the arfcom crowd really is a special collection. They can show you how to bump fire anything and hit nothing all whislt exhibiting extreme giva shit.
That take talent.

Lowlight,

You are correct, I am wrong in several respects. Call it a bad day for me, I guess I took it a little extreme and lashed out at AR15.com.

I am in positive conversation with the admin of AR15.com and it looks like it will all work out.

While it does appear that some of their members are total ass-hats that does not apply to the admin of the site.

I did suggest some changes to there web site rules and registration and I hope it will assist in future members of their site understanding what can and cannot be done when they join.

I remember when I joined your site EVERYTHING was laid out on the registration page. Up-front pricing. I guess you spoiled me.

All take care and I will keep you updated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okiecop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lowlight,

You are correct, I am wrong in several respects. Call it a bad day for me, I guess I took it a little extreme and lashed out at AR15.com.

I am in positive conversation with the admin of AR15.com and it looks like it will all work out.

While it does appear that some of their members are total ass-hats that does not apply to the admin of the site.

I did suggest some changes to there web site rules and registration and I hope it will assist in future members of their site understanding what can and cannot be done when they join.

I remember when I joined your site EVERYTHING was laid out on the registration page. Up-front pricing. I guess you spoiled me.

All take care and I will keep you updated.

</div></div>
It's great to hear you're getting it worked out. You'll find "ass-hats" on every forum. The advantage this forum has is largely in its name. Its not a name you would think to google search when looking for somewhere to troll. But you find arfcom's site pretty quickly by simply knowing the name of the Evil Black Rifle. I think many of the members here get referred here by other members that know better than to send an "ass-hat" here. They get weeded out pretty quickly. I'm a member of that forum and I've been able to weed through the BS and get some pretty good information. But it is a chore sometimes... FWIW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rejected my registration name as well: <span style="font-weight: bold">FAPnArms</span> </div></div>

Shank, that is the best screen name ever!!!

I can't stand the place either.......nothing but mall ninja bull shit!

I would love to see the look on those retards faces when they find out that all the parts they like to compare come from the exact same factories. I'm pretty sure Magpul would go out of business if that website shut down.

Makes me love this place even more. They run a good ship here and when I graduate from school and get a job, I look forward to contributing to this forum monetarily has I have time.

Barfcom is a useless waste of time.

Only gripe I have is the layout of their site. Gives me a headache trying to navigate it.

I spend a good bit of time browsing over there. The Equipment Exchange is really active. Awesome for dumping or picking up new gear.

Most of the rest of the site is like the "motivational picture" thread that is so popular with the kids here. Entertainment.

CHRIS