• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I opened my glove compartment, took out my Glock 17, and flipped off the safety

He flipped it off. Must have been a single-finger salute, right?

Just for info:
Glock maked a G17 with an external thumb activated safety for several state Governments. Not sure how many if any ended up fielded.
8B680752-7D9D-4DA6-81C0-CD816639CC79.jpeg

Don't be pronounin' nobody from San Francisco, you cisgender patriarchical monster! :p

"pronounin" has now loaded into the lexicon of crazy shit I say when going after the pathological left. Thank you for that.

Reactions: Fig
Just for info:
Glock maked a G17 with an external thumb activated safety for several state Governments. Not sure how many if any ended up fielded.View attachment 6950250

That's what I was thinking, but also I recall a company way back when, don't know if they're still around, that would install a safety lever on a Glock.

So it's POSSIBLE he did have one... But short of that, no, the trigger deactivates all 3 safeties when you pull it.

It's also possible he got confused, didn't know the weapon and it actually was some other polymer pistol, or just simply made it up.

Christine is a he?
If you read down in the comments on the article, you find out from someone called "pitchforkitty", that Christine is a lesbian, and was fired from a former job over a relationship with a female city council woman.

Seen a lot of writeups of revolver fights back in the day where the safety lever was used, or was an issue bringing the gun into action.

The fact a few revolvers do have a safety lever doesn't make it less obviously stupid here, in this timeframe, with the 99.997% that do not.

I had come to Oakland from Texas, where having guns was part of the culture. When you go to a church or a bar in Texas, you usually see a sign saying “Leave your guns outside.” I bought mine at a gun show, with no background check, just cash on the barrel, so to speak. I took a gun safety class and started to target-shoot for a hobby. I got pretty good. Eventually, I became an instructor in gun safety and taught classes on weekends.
I am not a huge fan of gun ownership. But when I got to the Tribune, and as editor heard firsthand the plethora of complaints and threats that came over the transom every week, and without a single barrier between the newsroom and the street, I brought the Glock to work.

sooooo you own guns.....youve used them for recreation and Self defense....you even because a Firearms instructor and taught classes.......buuuuuuut you arent a fan of gun ownership?

sooooo you own guns.....youve used them for recreation and Self defense....you even because a Firearms instructor and taught classes.......buuuuuuut you arent a fan of gun ownership?

Sounds like a plethora of BS to me.

Reactions: Fig