• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I Ordered an LRP-07 Two Days Ago. It's My First AR.

sisyphus

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2021
Red Oak, IA
I've always been a comblock guy and have never owned anything AR platform.

I have a Vepr with a 20" barrel chambered in 6.5 Grendel, but I was never in love with it. After I got into bolt actions I realized quickly that Grendel wasn't the super caliber I thought back when I bought that rifle. Plus with Wolf steel Grendel now selling at $2 a bullet you can't even tell yourself it's a cheap day at the range like before, which pretty much sunk the rifle completely for me.

I picked up a CZ Bren 2ms Carbine because I felt I should own one rifle in 5.56. I wasn't prepared for how much I would love that Bren. I bitterly watched CZ's Bren 2BR video on Youtube, knowing the chances of ever owning one were slim to none.

I was still stuck on gas piston in my head. Initially I planned to get a Robinson XCR-M, but the lack of communication from their end sank that. No responses. Crickets chirping. No idea on lead time, no way of knowing if they were a functional shop beyond posting regularly on fb.

I almost had myself talked into a SCAR, but I quickly began to notice all the things about it that I didn't like.

I thought, well ok, I can't have a Bren 2BR, so I'll pony up for a B&T APC 308 when they bring some more over. I suck at patience, so I am already looking at the HK MR762A1 while waiting for the B&T, telling myself "well, it's not really an AR. It'll be ok.". Really didn't want a 16" barrel though.

So after all this process and the gears turning in my subconscious, I think it was because I had been reading so many threads over here. This is kind of a great repository of knowledge and experience for this type of rifle, and I paid attention to what I read.

Started looking at the LWRC REPR. Too much dough for a rifle too many guys thought wasn't as accurate as it should be. So then I pretty much surrendered myself to what I was reading here, and I was looking at both JP and Seekins. It didn't take long from there before I became really enthusiastic about all the cool things JP is doing. Was I willing to pay the premium for the JP instead of saving some dough on the Seekins? I thought well, I was willing to pay that price for a SCAR, HK or B&T, and from everything I can gather the JP will shoot circles around pretty much everything. It's a challenge to up my game as a shooter because I will be the limiting factor. It's a chance for me to learn the glass I put on this rifle like I've never learned a scope before, which will in turn benefit me on my other rifles.

I'm stoked. This JP is going to be the crown jewel of my safe, and it's going to take some work on my part to up my game so that I can be the partner this rifle deserves. The thought of potential federal legislation is giving me a little anxiety, but I wanted this one enough to take the chance on the wait. I went for the .308 20" and of course I had to put the recoil eliminator on it lol. After the initial nausea of spending so much on a single rifle, I've been really excited about it and have been picking out the scope, mount and bipod for it.

Sorry lots of words, I figured one or two of you would chuckle at my journey from not terribly serious to ordering a JP.

Reading through what you guys have discussed here in the past was a great resource for me in deciding which rifle would be my dream DMR, so thank you! Very much looking forward to taking delivery of the rifle they make for me, hope it's here before xmas!

got two of em - 6cm and 6.5cm and i have the ar15 framesize version of it also in 224v. love em. they aint crap.

The hardest part is gonna be the lead time!

I’m sitting at 5 months for a JP I ordered, I hit them up and they kindly let me know I’m 2 more months out. Which is fine, things are little crazy out there. Look forward to getting it.

Reactions: sisyphus
I have 3 JP Rifles ( 2-LRP07 ) & ( 1-JP-15 ) and they are some of the most accurate, reliable and Quality Rifles you can get. You will love JP

if i didn't own the 20s or other piston gun you decided against, i may have gotten the lrp-07. congrats!

I've always been a comblock guy and have never owned anything AR platform.

I have a Vepr with a 20" barrel chambered in 6.5 Grendel, but I was never in love with it. After I got into bolt actions I realized quickly that Grendel wasn't the super caliber I thought back when I bought that rifle. Plus with Wolf steel Grendel now selling at $2 a bullet you can't even tell yourself it's a cheap day at the range like before, which pretty much sunk the rifle completely for me.

I picked up a CZ Bren 2ms Carbine because I felt I should own one rifle in 5.56. I wasn't prepared for how much I would love that Bren. I bitterly watched CZ's Bren 2BR video on Youtube, knowing the chances of ever owning one were slim to none.

I was still stuck on gas piston in my head. Initially I planned to get a Robinson XCR-M, but the lack of communication from their end sank that. No responses. Crickets chirping. No idea on lead time, no way of knowing if they were a functional shop beyond posting regularly on fb.

I almost had myself talked into a SCAR, but I quickly began to notice all the things about it that I didn't like.

I thought, well ok, I can't have a Bren 2BR, so I'll pony up for a B&T APC 308 when they bring some more over. I suck at patience, so I am already looking at the HK MR762A1 while waiting for the B&T, telling myself "well, it's not really an AR. It'll be ok.". Really didn't want a 16" barrel though.

So after all this process and the gears turning in my subconscious, I think it was because I had been reading so many threads over here. This is kind of a great repository of knowledge and experience for this type of rifle, and I paid attention to what I read.

Started looking at the LWRC REPR. Too much dough for a rifle too many guys thought wasn't as accurate as it should be. So then I pretty much surrendered myself to what I was reading here, and I was looking at both JP and Seekins. It didn't take long from there before I became really enthusiastic about all the cool things JP is doing. Was I willing to pay the premium for the JP instead of saving some dough on the Seekins? I thought well, I was willing to pay that price for a SCAR, HK or B&T, and from everything I can gather the JP will shoot circles around pretty much everything. It's a challenge to up my game as a shooter because I will be the limiting factor. It's a chance for me to learn the glass I put on this rifle like I've never learned a scope before, which will in turn benefit me on my other rifles.

I'm stoked. This JP is going to be the crown jewel of my safe, and it's going to take some work on my part to up my game so that I can be the partner this rifle deserves. The thought of potential federal legislation is giving me a little anxiety, but I wanted this one enough to take the chance on the wait. I went for the .308 20" and of course I had to put the recoil eliminator on it lol. After the initial nausea of spending so much on a single rifle, I've been really excited about it and have been picking out the scope, mount and bipod for it.

Sorry lots of words, I figured one or two of you would chuckle at my journey from not terribly serious to ordering a JP.

Reading through what you guys have discussed here in the past was a great resource for me in deciding which rifle would be my dream DMR, so thank you! Very much looking forward to taking delivery of the rifle they make for me, hope it's here before xmas!

I own two JP's as well, an 18" JP-15 and an LRP-07 in .260. I might be one of the individuals you read who was whoring (read: "promoting") JP all over the Hide. I was turned onto JP by an individual who is employed as an engineering consultant in the firearms industry, very knowledgeable dude.

I have owned both rifles for several years now. The .260 is coming due for a new barrel, but I have not shot the 5.56 that much. I took it through an LE sniper course, and had run it a few times prior to that, but it hasn't seen half as much use as my .LRP.

JP himself is incredibly dynamic. He seems like he's always got his gears turning, thinking of new products to design and improving upon current products. The company is amazing as far as customer service goes, so they've got that base covered.

JP is the only AR manufacturer I have seen that actually tells you to reload for their rifles. Not only that, they give very detailed instructions on how to go about that process too.

If you have the money, and JP is an option, you gotta go that way. I never want to take anything away from Seekins, because, well, they're Seekins. You get an amazing rifle at a very reasonable price. Not a single criticism on Seekins, just a preference on the JP.

Keep us posted when you receive your rifle. You will be incredibly pleased. That action is slick as can be, feels like the BCG is riding on ball bearings and baby snot.

Just remember the Old Saying around here, buy once cry once. With JP you most definitely get your moneys worth and then some. They are a Class Act with the BEST Customer Support in the business.